Interesting, Peculiar Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

absinthe_616

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im currently going into my third year of university for creative writing. I've decided I want to start the novel series I've had the idea to do for a while. I plan for it to be a fictional series about snakes and fellow repies (of course). I've been doing slow paced research for a while now, and for each book I want to focus on a different serpent.

Ive decided on these fellas so far -

The King Cobra
Jumping Pit Viper
The Queen alongside Gerard's Water Snake, or "Cat Eyed Water Snake"
Hognose
Rattlesnake
Anaconda alongside the Reticulated Python

I am hoping to have at least 9...... so can anyone else tell me some interesting snakes?
I've based the above choices on things such as "playing dead", "dismembering prey", "jumping without legs", "extrodinary size", and "projectile venom" etc

I would prefer them all to have very different traits.
p
Any enlightenment to curious snakes and their behaviors would be very appreciated. thanks guys :)

Dont forget about snakes that have the ability to "musk" you,
"the stinkers" or the glider snake, sea snake(the aquaman of snakes)
and file snake, bandy bandy,
Is this what you mean?

yes :D these are all really good ones, thanks! *wanders off to do some deeper research on them*

all these are cool but dont look past the typical python as it strangles its prey and suffercates it before consuming it, unlike any other :p

cheers for these... ill look into all of them thoroughly :D

and i already am putting in pythons, theyre going to be incorporated with "BIG" snakes, so the retics. :)

Hey guys. Im currently going into my third year of university for creative writing. I've decided I want to start the novel series I've had the idea to do for a while. I plan for it to be a fictional series about snakes and fellow repies (of course). I've been doing slow paced research for a while now, and for each book I want to focus on a different serpent.

Ive decided on these fellas so far -

The King Cobra
Jumping Pit Viper
The Queen alongside Gerard's Water Snake, or "Cat Eyed Water Snake"
Hognose
Rattlesnake
Anaconda alongside the Reticulated Python

I am hoping to have at least 9...... so can anyone else tell me some interesting snakes?
I've based the above choices on things such as "playing dead", "dismembering prey", "jumping without legs", "extrodinary size", and "projectile venom" etc

I would prefer them all to have very different traits.
p
Any enlightenment to curious snakes and their behaviors would be very appreciated. thanks guys :)

None of those species spit venom
a number of species can leave the ground from the force of their strike
a number of species feign death including Hog Nosed Snakes, but Natrix and Rinkhals are also famous for it too

Cheers,
Scott

None of those species spit venom
a number of species can leave the ground from the force of their strike
a number of species feign death including Hog Nosed Snakes, but Natrix and Rinkhals are also famous for it too

Cheers,
Scott

forgive me but King Cobras spit venom.
And obviously more than one snake can do a number of these things, but I've chosen to pick one of each? Like I said, I'll be incorporating other similar snakes in the same books.

forgive me but King Cobras spit venom.
And obviously more than one snake can do a number of these things, but I've chosen to pick one of each? Like I said, I'll be incorporating other similar snakes in the same books.
king cobras do NOT spit venom however these do:
Black-Necked Spitting Cobra
Black Spitting Cobra
Western Barred Spitting Cobra
Red Spitting Cobra
Mozambique Spitting Cobra
Malaysian Spitting Cobra
Black and White Spitting Cobra
Sumatran Spitting Cobra
Nubian Spitting Cobra

How about a death adder, they could be teased by all the vipers cause they dress up like vipers but are really elapids. So all the vipers would tease them but so would the elapids.

You have to put the Inland Taipan in! They have the most potent venom of any land snake, which is awesome in itself, plus they're sexy looking snakeys

thanks for eveyones input! ill be sure to look up every snake before i decide the final ones! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back