International Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rustypython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been successful in keeping an international snake? Been doing some research and havent gotten to far with all the government crap and regulations. Looking to import a reticulated python, but looks like you may need to be registered as a zoo, or for "scientific" purposes. Any input be great thanks!!!

can do it, and y would u want to anyway? aussie snakes are way better...

Will

hmm there has to be a way, in QLD i have a rabbit, but only because I have restricted permit for the sucker as a magician

Aussies snakes are good, got a good collection and want something different.

Unless you're a zoo owner you can't do it, that's the law as it stands.

Why not look at what snakes you haven't got yet? Or get some lizards?

There are some very nice animals living here.

sigh.... you have 3 options...

get a zoo.
get a circus.
become a magician.

Those are the three... lol

Cool thanks guys, I just like really really really big snakes. Fascinated with them. Scrub python be 10 years grow before he is huge, although he about 4.5 months old and nearly 4 ft. Agressive little fella, big teeth for his size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply, lol magician is fine. The old reticulated python out of the hat trick. pmsl

'Controlled pest' Funny how they make up these 'rules' PMFSL!

No it's true, rabbits in NSW have all been told they are allowed to come here, not even on holiday.

Wow that sounds like a good rule, I had no idea.

Over here there are so many pet rabbits being bred people just give them away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back