intro

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamonchi

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi im julie and my granddaughter is brooke . we are in the process of setting up our very 1st enclosure to house my grandaughtersbrookes new pet she is fascinated with pythons and we have a spotted python yearling for her for xmas we live on the central coastnsw and have a home full of grandkids (custody of 4 ) 3 chihuahuas 2 cats a couple of birds and we also exhibit cavies (guinea pigs) we want to set up enclosure right so any input to help us would be appreciated i am very handy with wood so would like to build a melamine set up but we do have a glass vivarium we have been given to start with . what substrate is best ? look forward to being part of this forum

Hi there Julie and welcome : )
Can't help you with setup info, don't know much about spotteds and nothing about heating requirements
as I don't use heating.
Someone will pop by and give you the info you need or you can use the search function for lots of good info.
Good luck with your new pet

thanks
been looking at some interesting threads theres loads of info so im sure i will find what i need

spottys are great!, you can use news paper as a substrate or if you want to make it look pretty you can use repti bark or aspen bedding. they need a basking spot of around 32 degrees and a few hides to feel secure. glass enclosures are ok but snakes tend to feel a bit out in the open in them so some people tend to steer away, for a spotty a 3x2x2 ft malemine enclosure is perfect for an adult. also make sure there is no possible gaps they could squeeze through as they are fantastic excape artists.

also make sure your granddaughter washes her hands (or changes shirts if if was against her) between guinepig cuddles and snake handling as they smell like rodents.. eg food. and food related bites, hurt

IMG_0165[1].jpg
this is the enclosure im making for brooke dimensions are 900l x400dx600h with perspex sliding windows just got the back to put on and the window lock have vents in the sides at the front for ventilation oh and will put heating lamp in too . anything ive forgotten?
julie:D

Hi Julie,
hope all is well. Better off posting questions in a different thread, maybe under herp help
or the building enclosures one. You will get more replies.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back