Introduced animal species

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I AM sorry as it appears that to get my point across I HAVE offended some - my apologies as my intention was NOT to offend anyone.

The original question for this thread was introduced animal species of which I did mention that my ancestors were immigrants by stating 'still an import initially'

In hindsight I agree that mentioning Pauline Hanson was ridiculous to say the least...

re: 'Have you been to eg Garden City to play 'Spot the Aussie' lately?' - my point was that if you go to any large shopping centre you will rarely, if ever, see an aboriginal therefore there are a lot of introduced animal species and channi I am sorry you were on the defensive and took offence as that was not what I meant.

my concern is for the way we as immigrants, including myself, have taken over native fauna (and flora) habitats for our own convenience and left them without a home.

and boa when I said 'You said it for me...' I was referring to your sentence - 'It's also funny that white humans can consider themselves Australian even if not born here but introduced animals that have been here for 100's of years are exotic pests and guess which one does the most harm ?'.

Look I could go on forever apologising but I suppose someone will just analise my apology then. So a sincere big hug and apology to all those I have upset.

ok I AM sorry as it appears that to get my point across I HAVE offended some - my apologies as my intention was NOT to offend anyone.

The original question for this thread was introduced animal species of which I did mention that my ancestors were immigrants by stating 'still an import initially'

In hindsight I agree that mentioning Pauline Hanson was ridiculous to say the least...

re: 'Have you been to eg Garden City to play 'Spot the Aussie' lately?' - my point was that if you go to any large shopping centre you will rarely, if ever, see an aboriginal therefore there are a lot of introduced animal species and channi I am sorry you were on the defensive and took offence as that was not what I meant.

my concern is for the way we as immigrants, including myself, have taken over native fauna (and flora) habitats for our own convenience and left them without a home.

and boa when I said 'You said it for me...' I was referring to your sentence - 'It's also funny that white humans can consider themselves Australian even if not born here but introduced animals that have been here for 100's of years are exotic pests and guess which one does the most harm ?'.

Look I could go on forever apologising but I suppose someone will just analise my apology then. So a sincere big hug and apology to all those I have upset.

No worries. Although aboriginal Australians are exactly the same species as the rest of us. So all humans (as a species) are either native to Australia or introduced as a whole. But that is an argument for another day......

Tell ya this tale just for giggles... i was told by an American the other day that i should take a long hard look at myself and decide if am really Aussie...i had to educate her that my not so distance rallies moved here from all ova the world... english/welsh, yankie, Kiwi, german, , and list goes on including Australian Aboriginal but i look Greek.....Aboriginals are the true Aussies...we just rocked up later......alot lik my dingo mates?? BTW bac to the form title...has anyone got any views on my dingo rant???

Tell ya this tale just for giggles... i was told by an American the other day that i should take a long hard look at myself and decide if am really Aussie...i had to educate her that my not so distance rallies moved here from all ova the world... english/welsh, yankie, Kiwi, german, , and list goes on including Australian Aboriginal but i look Greek.....Aboriginals are the true Aussies...we just rocked up later......alot lik my dingo mates?? BTW bac to the form title...has anyone got any views on my dingo rant???

I agree with you pretty much. Apparently there are still some pure "alpine dingos" out there, at least I have heard that is the case. It would be great to preserve the bloodlines before they disappear from the wild.

there used to be alot of foxes down waterford way when i lived there 5-6 odd years ago... u could see em running thru the acreages...

You do not have to be sorry that I was "on the defensive" you should be sorry for putting me there. If you lived my life and had to defend your right to be here on an almost daily basis you too would be "on the defensive".
If your comments were intended as you claim, I accept your appology. Maybe be a bit more careful about how you put things as the simplest comment can be taken in the wrong way when it is in written form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back