Introducing myself

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinarchie

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm intending to get back into keeping some pets after a long time.
I'm 50 now, but as a teenager, I had some luck keeping and breeding Blue Tongues and I also had a bearded dragon, Cunningham's Skink and a Shingleback. This is going way back into the late 60's and very early 70's, mind you.
I've never owned a snake, but have always wanted to. I've applied for my licence and intend to get a youngish Childrens python, once it comes through.
I've been a member here for a few days and am enjoying going through all the very valuable information that is here. Thought it was time to say something.
I'd be open to any suggestions or pointers that anyone might have in relation to what I hope will be avery interesting and enjoyable learning experience, hobby, lifestyle.
I'm intrigued by the wonderful technology that is available, from heating mats to living quarters to treatments. Things have really come a long way.
Recommendations for links to this site or others appreciated.

welcome to APS Spinarchie i hope you enjoy yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

krusty said:
cool welcome back to the world of herps.
indeed! welcome. Im sure you can add many useful hints tips and so forth aswell!

Welcome Spinarchie. My advice is... whenever anything goes wrong, call A Dad. You can borrow mine if you like. He's on this site too. :D

Cheers, Lily

glad to have you on board mate, glad to see membership still continues to grow....much respect for returning to your roots....just remember whenevr you have a query, there is ALWAYS someone here to help out....it's amazing the depth of knowledge you now have access to...great to see that at 50 you still have a passion for getting into a rewarding hobby....good luck, pull up a chair, and crack a beer for Steve,......

Thanks for all the nice greets.
I'm going to be doing a bit of research before getting my first snake and I can see this is the place to be.

Recommendations for links to this site or others appreciated.

As for the above, just use the sites search feature..
you can find it in discussion forums, you can enter
anything into the sites search engine and it will
gather all posts/topics relevant to your search :)

Oh and welcome to the site.
feel free to post any questions :)

from a newb to a new but not new newb ?

welcome ive found this site so helpfull in the short time ive been heer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back