Introducing.......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyRose

Not so new Member
Reaction score
View attachment 145028our new little girl Jasmine. My husband and I are very excited and very much in love already. Although ive been bagged out by all my family and friends saying how disgusting and awful she is. So itsmade me feel abit down now.
jasmine.jpg

its human nature to bag something/someone you don't understand.... tell them you think there dog/cat/bird is disgusting... (or worse their kids LOL) as long as you and hubby are happy nothing else matters.... and we all understand you new 'love affair'

make it a mission to change their minds through education. :)

ps your pic isn't working,

She is beautiful :) Don't worry about your friends and family, they'll come around. And besides, it's none of their business what you keep at home, if you want snakes, that's your decision :)

Jaxrtfm, i think thats just your browser, i can see the pic just fine.

Jasmine is a nice looking little snake. Im not to learned on guessing a snakes species so may i ask which one she is?

very cute snake is that a spotted? i wouldnt mind one later on down the track just got my self a coastal python. dont listen to what others say as long as your happy, my best mate says why did i get a snake there boring i should have got a fly im just like yep ok and ignore him its prob because hes scared ****less of them though lol

she looks great and you can handle her. my family and friends are the same dont worry about what they say as they dont appreciate the beauty of natures animals. i have fallen inlove with my male spotted. if you feel down get Jasmine out as i find by getting my snake out and letting him glide over me i calm down and feel great about myself. good luck

Shes a stimson python, and yeah i did have probs with the pic first time round, but have fixed it now. Thanks for the encouragement. I do know everything you say is true, but it still hurts. Glad im amongst friends here.

i found people at work were a bit freaked out.....girlfirends of mine were better especially when we did the .....guess what hubby is buying me for easter....it comes out of an egg.....took 6 girls all evening to guess and then they freaked out.

Just come on here and tell everyone....and forget about everyone else

dont worry ...we get it and we will listen because we know how wonderful they are

Elvira my jungle python is sitting on the screen of my laptop asI am typing......it is the first time she has done it...she is divine !!

Elizabeth

View attachment 145028our new little girl Jasmine. My husband and I are very excited and very much in love already. Although ive been bagged out by all my family and friends saying how disgusting and awful she is. So itsmade me feel abit down now.
View attachment 145029

Yeah definitely, family and friends of mine say "Yuk or omg are you serious? why would you do that? that's so disgusting!" but like jaxrtfm said i tell them their dogs are ugly. they just turn around and shuts up. =P but definitely a nice buy.

i copped this one.............my mrs put on her fb status boys are happy they got their new snake my uncle replied ''not a real one i hope''.....like der uncle wingnut nah its a toy one a grown man and a teenage boy are happy they got a toy snake!!!!

she is a cutie... not everyone will like your choice of pet, my kids think i'm nuts.. my grandkids think i'm cool ! ! and i got great amusement from watching the son in law walk as far away from my Monster Viv (Coastal) as he possibly can, eyeballing the 5 1/2ft monster inside it, all the while he was backing towards me and my 4yo granddaughter and he failed to notice i'm holding a 2ft Darwin and she is 'patting' the Darwin, he then jumps a mile away from me when he realises he is 'surrounded' It was hilarious, I dont make a habit of trying to freak people out, but they were early picking the granddaughter up...

Same reaction from multiple people around me and guess what. Those people who made comments like that were too scared to have a hold of her. Everyone who held her loved her. Most kids are taught from an early stage snakes are dangerous, can kill you etc and thats all that they know so people are brought up with a fear of snakes so ignore peoples comments as there blind to the beauty thats in front of them. Beautiful looking snake, my girl is apart of my family now.

As luck would have it Gypsy, you have found a group here that thinks you and your hubby have made a fantastic choice in getting into snakes! When it comes to taking into consideration other people's opinions on the things I do, I always apply "Sturgeon's Law" which states that "90% of everything is stupid." Welcome to the wonderful world of reptile keeping!

That's a cute snake, don't worry about your family, most people are negative when they don't know what they're dealing with and tend to be threatened by people and things that are different to them. Plenty of people who will support you here :)

In about a month you'll probably want another one. That happened to me when I got my first snake a year ago... now I have four!!!

i think she's lovely. And i'd say everybody gets that response from most family members! Its awful but dont let them get you down. They are just naive about snakes and other 'different' creatures! lol Just laugh at them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back