Introductions ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Once your Python has been cooled etc and it is time to introduce him to the female is it done at the lower temperatures or should they be warmed up again first?

introduction

hi phil
you can really do it any way you like..
we choose to warm seperate then introduce once up to speed.. This give us the chance to have the female already in the warming stage before we start to warm the male..
once the male has warmed hes ready to go that day...but we feel that most females take a little longer to adjust after being warmed..
so this way we have them both on the job at the time of pairing..
cheers paul.

De ja vu!
I cool during june,july,august.
I introduce them during july,august,september.
Once mating has been observed I continue introducing the male on and off again untill no further interest is shown.This I feel is to ensure a viable clutch.I have a time table that I drew up in one of my record keeping books that I try to stick to.I'll post it here and hopefully it may help a few members that are new to breeding.

Jan 15 hrs daylight 32* night 24* (eggs hatch)
Feb 15 hrs daylight 32* night 24* (eggs hatch)
Mar 10 hrs daylight 30* night 22*
Apr 10 hrs daylight 28* night 20*
May 10 hrs daylight 26* night 18*
Jun 5 hrs daylight 24* night 16*
Jul 5 hrs daylight 20* night 16* (introduce)
Aug 5 hrs daylight 24* night 18* (introduce)
Sep 10 hrs daylight 28* night 20* (introduce) (eggs layed)
Oct 10 hrs daylight 30* night 22* (eggs layed)
Nov 10 hrs daylight 30* night 22* (eggs layed)
Dec 15 hrs daylight 32* night 24* (eggs hatch)

PS
This is generally a basic schedule that I have used (to give you a rough idea).I will often make changes in temps or daylight hours etc depending on the situation.Once females are gravid you may wish to raise temps to 32* (personal choice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back