Is a fish, just a fish?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taping eggs to the upper back of desk drawers is also good. Takes some time to take full effect, but well worth it in the end.

Well they have all commented on how "well" I've taken the "missing" fish situation, as much as I'd like to use some of those tactics, it would just bring me back down to their levels.
I really believe that it's nothing to get lawyers or taking action like that so to speak, the best thing for me do is to just keep doing what I'm doing, that's the best revenge at all, I'm still young, and I have so many more opportunities left in my life time, 9/10 of them don't, I won't be here forver. My best revenge, work hard and succeed, and never EVER, purchase another office pet!

Well they have all commented on how "well" I've taken the "missing" fish situation, as much as I'd like to use some of those tactics, it would just bring me back down to their levels.
I really believe that it's nothing to get lawyers or taking action like that so to speak, the best thing for me do is to just keep doing what I'm doing, that's the best revenge at all, I'm still young, and I have so many more opportunities left in my life time, 9/10 of them don't, I won't be here forver. My best revenge, work hard and succeed, and never EVER, purchase another office pet!

Thats all well and good, but if you are being picked on: You need to stand up for yourself in some way. Noone else is going to do it for you (that goes especially for the government and "justice" system).

Thats all well and good, but if you are being picked on: You need to stand up for yourself in some way. Noone else is going to do it for you (that goes especially for the government and "justice" system).

Believe me when I say I've tried and it got me know where, my opinions and perspectives are not taken seriously, I am in the process with discussing with my trainer for my Diploma to complete it without a company attached and just paying the extra if it's possible and looking for else where to work, but if I keep showing i'm upset, they win. I know it's unfair, I was so happy when I first started here, but I've become "office furniture" so to speak, and they have all been here for a long time, they aren't going to change just because I'm not comfortable with them.

I spent a week playing cruel pranks on my new manager (whom the company i was was working for felt no need to reprimand after i submitted several harassment claims) before i quit my job. It was probably the most satisfying thing i have ever done in my life.

Sure you might be sinking to their level, but you forget how unbelievably good it feels. Don't discount it as an option if you ever find yourself in a position where you can quit. Just don't get caught ;)

I spent a week playing cruel pranks on my new manager (whom the company i was was working for felt no need to reprimand after i submitted several harassment claims) before i quit my job. It was probably the most satisfying thing i have ever done in my life.

Sure you might be sinking to their level, but you forget how unbelievably good it feels. Don't discount it as an option if you ever find yourself in a position where quitting is an option. Just don't get caught ;)

Well then I will make sure that within the last two weeks when I give my notice is a memorable time for them :p

i definatly would not put up with work place harrasment.

some laxatives mixed in a tin or jar of coffee and left near the kettle at work is a great idea, i believe if they treat you like poo they can go home and have a poo. plus they will be taking a few days off work so its a bonus you don't see them for a few days.

Last edited:
Come on guys, this thread has turned into a "this is how you get revenge".
Keep it to topic, or as close as you can. There's a difference between getting slightly sidetracked and totally derailed.
"How to plot revenge" is a subject better of in 'chit chat'!

Back on topic...has Mr Fishy been found? I hope he's okay....
I like the way you are dealing with things E_Bunny, don't let them get the best of you! Keep doing what you are supposed to and just try as hard as you can to block them out, they'll eventually get bored and leave you alone :)...well hopefully anyway.
Just keep in mind we (Your awesome friends on APS:)) are always here if you need someone to talk to or to get your mind off things :D

Back on topic...has Mr Fishy been found? I hope he's okay....
I like the way you are dealing with things E_Bunny, don't let them get the best of you! Keep doing what you are supposed to and just try as hard as you can to block them out, they'll eventually get bored and leave you alone :)...well hopefully anyway.
Just keep in mind we (Your awesome friends on APS:)) are always here if you need someone to talk to or to get your mind off things :D

Thanks Sharky! No he hasn't be found :( and the tuna can is still in his little home :? I think I'm just going to leave it alone, not say anything at all, I won't be taking responsibility if they decide to get another one in his place.
My friends here at APS yes are so supportive, and you all rind me that there are decent, caring people in this world! :D

Thanks Sharky! No he hasn't be found :( and the tuna can is still in his little home :? I think I'm just going to leave it alone, not say anything at all, I won't be taking responsibility if they decide to get another one in his place.
My friends here at APS yes are so supportive, and you all rind me that there are decent, caring people in this world! :D

Like ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Keeping you all updated on Peter the fish. His body was found late on Friday night, au have been told by one of my boss's that he thinks that he must of jumped out of his tank (not in the tank I bought for him with a lid) and landed behind the small coffee table, he also thinks that our cleaners must of pushed his little body under a cubicle while vacuuming the office. I'm happy to say that I'm glad he was found, but I also received this photo when I got in this morning :|
View attachment 281450

Good grief. Take note of who sent the picture and report them to both their boss, their bosses boss, your boss AND the RSPCA. This is now beyond a simple prank !

PS. Your boss has a lot of theoru with no factual proof - is he trying to cover his butt ?

Keeping you all updated on Peter the fish. His body was found late on Friday night, au have been told by one of my boss's that he thinks that he must of jumped out of his tank (not in the tank I bought for him with a lid) and landed behind the small coffee table, he also thinks that our cleaners must of pushed his little body under a cubicle while vacuuming the office. I'm happy to say that I'm glad he was found, but I also received this photo when I got in this morning :|
View attachment 281450

You must be the most calm person ever. My mrs would have dropped some steak knives into thighs by now. This is disgusting. These idiots need to be taught a lesson.

UJGHKJGHKJHSD SCUMBAGS

Forgive me but, he does have that 'crusty' look that they tend to get after jumping from the tank, so i do think there is fair likelihood that this is what happened.

But this is getting beyond a little bit of fun.. Sending you a txt msg/email deliberately intended to upset you is really not OK and is crossing a line. I would go to Human Resources, i have a feeling that this would be considered cyber bullying and taken very seriously.

It doesn't matter whether they think it is a joke, you don't. This behaviour is unprofessional, inappropriate and you did not ask for it. That is all you need to say.

Last edited:
There's a line between office banter and bullying and I think we can all agree animal lovers or not that this line has been well crossed by now. You don't need to do anything redicilious like threatening to sue but you are well within your rights to take this matter further as its getting beyond a joke. This or these individuals need to be delt with one way or another. This isn't something you should have to put up with in the workplace let alone when your there on training or studying or what ever you said it was. You should take all of this to your boss or human resources department in a professional way for it to be delt with accordingly. If it is not that's when you should threaten to take it further up the chain of command. I wish you luck with it and hope a reasonable outcome is achieved.
As you may of may not know of the case in Victoria a couple of years ago of the waitress who ended up commenting suicide from workplace bullying. Huge fines were dished out to the culprits and the employer, aswell as strickter workplace bullying laws. If you feel it has not been delt with sufficiently this case and the stringent introduced laws regarding the above may be worth mentioning. Keep us updated.

Last edited:
As Australians we tend to take a fair bit of rubbish on the worksite, but the going ons here are a touch over the line. I'd be taking it further for no other reason then just to have the final 'laugh'. Stuff 'em.

Yes, I agree with the others here, please take it further, that is truly disgusting behaviour, and if one of the workers actually caused its death, its far worse. Your boss sounds like a tool as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is terrible :cry: I am so sorry E_Bunny, that is just so cruel especially when they knew how much you adored Mr.Fishy :( Oooh! I hate people like this!!! There are no words on how....how to describe how careless these people are. Don't worry though, karma will come back and bite them on the bum.
Your a good person E_Bunny, ignore them. You are MUCH better then them, just remember that :)

RIP little fish, you're in a safe place now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back