is it a record?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xander

Reaction score
My pink tongue skink gave birth to 33 young. All healthy,all gorgeous. Can anyone top this?

selling some? i would love a couple of pink tongues

Congrats mate, you've got to be happy with that! Very nicely done, do you know how old the mother is?

Hodges, they're Class 1 mate.

Just had a quick look and a litter of 33 has been recorded previously. It is the highest official litter recorded thus far (so you've equalled the record), however there was apparently one litter of 67 :shock: although this was not officially confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a quick look and a litter of 33 has been recorded previously. It is the highest official litter recorded thus far (so you've equalled the record), however there was apparently one litter of 67 :shock: although this was not officially confirmed.

Did you check this out on the Aust. museum site? If you could send me the link that would be grand!

-H

shes actually a wild one that lives at our place.The other day she seemed very lethargic and slow so I put her in a large tub with warmth etc for the night,and if she wasnt better Id take her to the wildlife hospital in the morning.So I checked on her later and there was 33 pink tongues everywhere.She was so skinny,little buggers drained all of her reserves.It honestly didnt occur to me that she was gravid,but looking back hmmmm.Anyway I have released them on my propery as I have 10 acres which is partly rainforest,hence heaps of snails and slugs. And they wont have to worry about eating baited snails cause we dont use any baits.

Excellent. You're very lucky to have them so close to where you live.

-H

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back