Is it just mine, or are Womas weird?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffler

Reaction score
Ive had plenty of carpets and bhp's, but I got my first woma, a WA sandfire, a few weeks ago. This guy has no fear of people at all and seems to enjoy being handled more than any other python. As im typing this hes sitting in the palm of my hand watching me type,and he seems to be enjoying it. Do all Womas have this much personality?

Cant answer that for you stiffler, i do love wormas and look forward to geting on in the future. Either way tho mate it sounds wicked! Good on ya

Friendly womas

In my opinion, most womas [not all] are as you descibe ...BUT..some can be very food driven.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

Mine is an awesome little one, lets me hold her, even wraps herself up in my hand, The only time I don't touch is feeding day, don't want to trigger the bite, even though she is still small, I'd rather not push her to use that.

In my opinion, most womas [not all] are as you descibe ...BUT..some can be very food driven.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

YES!! Lol Sturdys male woma is constantly trying to "taste" me! He actually mannaged to grab my finger last time...

Woma - 1
Tahnee - 0

All my womas are placid as, and won't ever bite once out of their enclosure... but all my pythons are like that.

My woma does a similar thing, often after he has been heating for a while I will leave the lid of his click clack slightly ajar (whilst I'm working on the computer next to him) and nine out of ten times he rocks on out and comes directly for me, the keyboard, the computer or his favorite yet, up my sleeve.

yeah my 2 womas are both food driven but not crazy, if you let them coil around your hand you will get a taste test. Other than that i find them to be snakes that are on a constant valium high....

I have a pair of womas both get treated pretty much the same. The male has never bitten me however the female is highly likely to latch on (or try to) in the five days leading up to feeding. When she is getting hungry everything that moves must be food.

My tanami boy Carlito is as placid as can be unless you smell like rat... he gets a wiff of food and he's instantly switched on

Attachments

• cena 082.jpg
    cena 082.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 66
Yeah woma specimens can be very relaxed, my SA male was when I first got him. He expressed no fear and was a joy to handle. Now he has developed a strong feeding response, whereby he will occasionally lunge at the glass in an attempt to 'catch' me (only when his really hungry). When I handle him now I have to watch his mouth as he'll open it to try and subdue my hand if let near it, and has constricted it before. This is despite being fed a rich and healthy diet. In this case yes womas are wierd, as none of my other pythons has done this, they know its my hand and not consumable!

I have a pair of womas both get treated pretty much the same. The male has never bitten me however the female is highly likely to latch on (or try to) in the five days leading up to feeding. When she is getting hungry everything that moves must be food.

I have exactly the opposite. My female is so placid, it's nearly dead, but the male is a voracious feeding machine. It will wag it's tail vigorously and bob it's head up and down like it's flinching, waiting for me to put my hand in.

7 of mine are placid and have never even looked like biting but 1 thinks everything is food and tries to bite anything that moves (and also things that don't move like his tub or water bowl lol). I guess 1 out of 8 isn't bad. I love womas and their funny behaviour though - my favourite of all snakes :) Can't wait to get some more :p:shock:

I have exactly the opposite. My female is so placid, it's nearly dead, but the male is a voracious feeding machine. It will wag it's tail vigorously and bob it's head up and down like it's flinching, waiting for me to put my hand in.

That is fantastic, my male has developed an excellent little tail wiggle though no head bobbing action. Would love it if you have a time to post a vid of this, even if its from a mobile :)

yeah i agree they are so crazy, silly little snakes! mine hasnt tried to taste me yet! i hope she doesnt but yeah she i very chilled and i love how they are so floppy, very much unlike diamonds and water pythons which are my other snakes :)

yeah my womas are great....the male is the only one that has tried to bite me...but not recently when he was first brought home.....great snakes....one of my favourites id say

Love Womas.

Mines placid can do anything to it its unusually calm compared to the other snakes. I can grap his head touch his head which snakes usually hate and he loves his tail being rubbed snakes hate that usually too. Just reach in there and grab him anywhere in enclosure. Yet has the most personality. The head bobbing, tail wiggling and using his head as a shovel cracks me up so much that every time i clean his pen i gotta stuff his hide full of sand and watch him dig it all out. Another cool thing which no other snake does is come back!!! I put him on the lawn to do his business once a week i read my book and he cruises round,plays has a poo then he will come back to me and try crawl up me as if to say "Can i go home now??"
Was a lil monster as a bub for feeding demanded food and i had to give in to the cuteness of the tail wags. Dont get bitten they dont let go easy hey..... and dont try to hand feed your adult woma pinky mice when your drunk either!! i take his quiet nature for granted at times LOL.

The womas that I used to have were almost 'dog like' and almost seem to perk up when they though someone was about. They also seemed to enjoy being taken from the vivs and being handled. Great snakes IMO and one I look forward to keeping again.

my little fella love being handled as soon as i walk into herp room he comes straight up to glass waiting to come out i normally let him roam around while i doin things in there def one of best handlers i have had in 10 yrs of keeping snakes

They are the perfect first snake, and now they are on class 1 they may stop all the young kids killing childrens pythons ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back