Is it ok to feed a pinky mice and pinky rat in 1 feed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
I got 2 Stimson hatchlings that were born on the 13/12/11. They are eating 2 pinky mice in a single feed atm with a bit of a bump nothing major. I'm thinking of upgrading them to pinky rat but also feeding a pinky mice at same time. I'm doing this as they haven't eaten a rat as yet so when they eating the final gulp of mice I'll feed them the rat. I don't want to give them to big a feed at once as I want to feed them twice a week. Do you think this will be ok. Thought or other suggestions. Cheers in advance guys

Why not just the rat on its own and just scent it with mouse? Or better yet up the size of mouse to something with a bit of fur and some properly developed bones. Hopper/weaner mice are better nutrition wise than a furless bag of milk otherwise known as a pinky rat

I think hopper or weaner will be to big for them both. Fuzzy mice or a Pinky Rat will be just right size. Sorry hut tuis might seem silly When you buy pinky mice is there 2 size types as I've never bought pinky mice before. These pinky I got looked so tiny like new born. My Stimson male is 13 gram female 15 gram.

id go a fuzzy mouse rather then a pinkie rat .
as for pinkie size , there is a fair diffrence between a day on and a 4 day old pinkie .

The pinky mice that I was feeding my Stimsons were about the size of a 5 cent coin is that about the size of a newborn mice or a 4 day old.

you would be better off going to next size mouse or if that will be too big 2 pinkies

Cheers
James

you would be better off going to next size mouse or if that will be too big 2 pinkies

Cheers
James

I'm already feeding 2 pinky mice but don't no if they newborn or older they are about the size of a 5 cent piece. I was thinking of doing what I said to try getting onto rats. But stick to fuzzy mice atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back