is it possible?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zard

Reaction score
i am sure to some with much herping exp this will seem like a stupid question but if i dont ask ill never know. :p

i just went out to feed the lizards in the outdoor enclosure, in there is some ewd's and beardies. I saw the dominant male ewd having his way with the biggest of the female beardies, :shock: .. should i be concerned? it is not possible for anything to be produced by this mating is it?? should i seperate them?

ok you can laugh now :lol:

Well, i've heard of people doing it with <insert your choice of farm animal here> ... so 2 dragon species doing it wouldn't surprise me. I would say that there is virtually no chance of them producing any offspring though.

In theory, there is no reason why such a mating couldn't produce a viable clutch,however I would suspect that nothing will come from it.
Many people have kept that combination of lizards in outside enclosures/pits before, and I can't think of anyone that has ever said that they have hatched hybrids from this type of accidental breeding.
You never know though.

Neil

Many people have kept that combination of lizards in outside enclosures/pits before, and I can't think of anyone that has ever said that they have hatched hybrids from this type of accidental breeding.
You never know though.

Don't you meen intergrades Neil? :twisted:

Hay Zard, is it a New Zealand locaility Eastern Water Dragon? That might explain it.

Folks, this is an attempt at humour only. I am not trying to pass commment on any actual person whether living or dead. I do not dislike New Zealand people nor do I dislike Zard. This is merely an attempt to draw a similarity to certain claims of the activities of people who are residents of the highlands of the south island of New Zealand and their, shall we say, "bearded dragons".

If it was a sheep it would be perfectly normal though hey..

KIDDING!

Interesting to see what happens. If nothing then you havent lost anything but otherwise???????????

Come on Pete don't hold back on the kiwis....Everyone knows it's all in good humour anyway :twisted:

Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back