Is My Click Clack Ok ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hebi-nsw

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Peeps, Getting my first hatchie this weekend, a blonde spotted.

Ive done my homework and have built my click clack out of a sistema 7L tub but am having some issues with my click clack heating

Its been hot in my house in the day time and i have left the thermometer on to test max and min levels

My hot end fluctuates between 30.0 and 33.0
and my cold end moves between 26.0 and 29.0

attached a quick pic, any advise ? are these temps going to be ok ?

IMG_0057.jpg

i think as long as he can get away from the 30.0 he should be ok
normally it shouldnt go any higher than 32.0 especially for a hatcho but 33.0 is fine and the cool end is fine aswell
hope that helped

Just a question is that sticky tape inside the click clack ? If so you should get rid of it as it could do damage to the scales.

Nah the duct tape is on the outside not on the inside, i know that one is a no no.

looks great. obviously as the outside temps rise the inside will go up to a point to. but the good part about a thermostat is if the temps are up the heat wont be running and making it to hot. if you turn your thermostat down a couple of degrees when the temps are high you will find you wont use your heat much at all and will save a lot on electricity if you have a few set ups going. good luck with it all and enjoy your snake. be sure to let it settle in before handling to much and im sure you will have no probs at all.

Thanks Guys, re-asurance is a good thing, I just want to get it right first go

as said before just make sure there is nothing the snake can injure itself on. sharp edges on holes and tape and the like.
good luck with it

hey man good to hear! show us a few pictures :)
can i ask you what your thermometer is and where you got it from i would love something like that with 2 probes and 2 readings

ill crack out the digital camera in a few days after he settles... www.herptrader.com.au has those thermometers, its pretty acurate aswell between probes ie if they are both in the same spot the readings are usually identical to 00.1 of a deg

looks fine :)

don't worry about the hot end getting to 33 or even 35, sometimes on hot days my click clack hot ends can get to 35 odd (thermostat is usually off at that time) doesnt really affect them though, as long as they have a cool end to get away from the heat its fine

Hey guys I'm planning on building one like this for a water python hatchie with a small tile as a basking spot like the one in the click-clack building guide. This is probably a dumb question but I was just wondering where the thermostat probe should go? Does it sit at the hot end just above the bottom of the container or closer to the centre of the whole thing?
Daniel

what i do is get a peice of poly styrene and put it under the enclosure. then i make a hole into the side of the polystyrene that will be the hot end side, make it about 3cm deep approx. then put the heat mat under that side and put the probe in the hole .. i used to have the probe go directly to the hot end in the click clack, but i found the snake can move the probe thus making the temp ho higher..

i hope that helps

Ok thanks for that. So doing it that way the temperature that the probe measures is about the same as the air temp in the hot end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back