Is my hatchling coming up to a shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDeDah

Reaction score
I got a stimsons a few weeks back, and he was always roaming around during the day and at night time. Now he doesn't even leave his hide at night. His scales look like they are off the skin at the tips, and I don't know if that is normal. He does look a little bit paler but it could just be my eyes. I fed him wednesday, and he ate. Is he coming up to a shed or is something wrong? Thanks Naomi (p.s He has been like that for about a week and a few days)

Last edited:
How long has he been pale for ? Do you have any pics?

I only just noticed he was pale, but he has been hiding for a week. He was in the cool hide for a few hours yesterday, but then went back into the warm hide. Also do they have a strong heart beat that you can easily notice?

My spotted will go pale/milky for 3ish days then he will go clear next dayish he will shed
he also loves to hide in his cave (warm side) or his fake plants (cool side) sometimes when they do shed they wanna just be left alone
(mine didn't move for 2 days on the last shed)
Ive never noticed his heart how old and big is your Stimson ?

My spotted will go pale/milky for 3ish days then he will go clear next dayish he will shed
he also loves to hide in his cave (warm side) or his fake plants (cool side) sometimes when they do shed they wanna just be left alone
(mine didn't move for 2 days on the last shed)
Ive never noticed his heart how old and big is your Stimson ?

He is 3 months old. I'll wait another week or so and if nothing happens will take him to the vets.

I got a stimsons a few weeks back, and he was always roaming around during the day and at night time. Now he doesn't even leave his hide at night. His scales look like they are off the skin at the tips, and I don't know if that is normal. He does look a little bit paler but it could just be my eyes. I fed him wednesday, and he ate. Is he coming up to a shed or is something wrong? Thanks Naomi (p.s He has been like that for about a week and a few days)
Ok so he Ate on wednesday ????...nothing wrong with the snake...at a push it would be early stages of shed as stimis usually go right off there food mid shed.........plz dont talk about vets your snake is fine due to still eating

Ok so he Ate on wednesday ????...nothing wrong with the snake...at a push it would be early stages of shed as stimis usually go right off there food mid shed.........plz dont talk about vets your snake is fine due to still eating

ok, is taking a snake to a vet a bit like taking a chicken to a vet LOL, they have no idea what they are doing and charge bucket loads for a random antibiotic?

ok, is taking a snake to a vet a bit like taking a chicken to a vet LOL, they have no idea what they are doing and charge bucket loads for a random antibiotic?
u only ever take your REPTILES to a reptile qualified vet......at this stage its not required for your issue (u dont have an issue) as ive already stated....just keep us updated if u r still worried..k..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back