is there somthing wrong with my snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Not so new Member
Reaction score
um..... there are no pic's of this hapening.....

but the last few times my snake has been fed.
it hasn't constricted.........?

is there somthing wrong with it or what :?

um......that alll i need to know......

(go my avatar)

shadow are you feeding live.freshly killed or frozen thawed if its freshly killed or frozen thawed some pythons might not constrict it

it isn't a big concern so long as it is eating. Some of mine just swallow without constricting as well especially if it is only a little meal.

I keep no snakes what so ever, but from my experience from watching them be fed - aren't all snakes unique feeders? None that i have seen feed in the same way, maybe your snake is just a little strange ;)

if you feed dead prey all the time they get lazy and don't constrict!!
if you want it to constrict just keep moving the mouse after it has struck!!

do you leave the food in its cage or do you wiggle it in front of its face??

My two male Diamonds hardly ever constrict their thawed rats, my female however always does, very veracious feeder.
So from my experience its not out of the ordinary.

i really had no problem cause my pythons have to constrict there prey cause they won't take dead so i don't know what i am going to do when my diamond python moves onto rats

I'd say close to 50% of pythons fed F/T never constrict their food.

yes it is illegal but i got told if your python won't take dead you will have to feed live food i don't like feeding live food but my pythons won't take dead maybe my diamond pythons next meal i might try freshly killed and see if she will take it

It's ilegal?
Can someone please tell me the law that relates to this?
I know it's against RSPCA policy.

well I may be wrong here but, I was informed many years ago that it is only illegal to feed live in an enclosed cage where the feed animal has no chance of escape?? That was by a Parks worker? Well either what are you to do if it wont take anything else? I have one I just got that refuses to eat at all, So I guess I might have a battle on my hands with this one. It has only eaten apparently three times in six months and it is a hatchie still.

Heya Jimmy - nice to see you around. I was going to ask where you'd been. Grounded? lol j/j
My MD sometimes constricts and sometimes doesnt. It's true if i wiggle the mouse she constricts some more.

Note: I'm his mother and I'm telling him about my snake and he wants other peoples opinions. :roll:
I encourage it really.
It keeps him out of my face lol!!!! :twisted:

CWarren - We were told that too. That it was illegal and from now on if we fed live we should tell any who asked that we feed "fresh". lol

When I feed 'fresh' (lol) my python constricts, when I feed prekilled she doesn't, she does not even strike, she just slides up to it slowly with her mouth open. So does Brodie.
Same as MM, if I wiggle the prekilled, she will be more likely to constrict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back