Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry , I stopped being so lazy and looked in the book.Thanks for your info and patience Dicco. Would they interbreed. Dave

They can, but such an event would be very rare, they know the difference between each other and most the time go their seperate way.

Nice pictures.

I know of several areas in Victoria where both species occur and I've seen one wild hybrid just north of Melbourne. They hybridise readily in captivity, so say the Americans, who have been doing it for about twenty years now. The Melbourne T. nigrolutea can have blotches just as orange as the alpines, but they never have the dark background.

re Is

In Eric Worrells Reptiles of Australia 1963 Quote. The late g Longley and I have both produced hybrids from male T s scincoides and the T nigrolutea female alpine form,the coloring of the young varied between typical of each species to intermediate.The progeny of these unions proved to be fertile themselves,and reproduced for several generations. End quote. very good book the old worrells :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back