Is this an Asian House Gecko?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gemrock2hot

Reaction score
just wondering if this lil guy is an asian house gecko my bf found him inside last night. Kinda hard to tell as they seem to vary in colour. thanks

Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpg

It looks like it. Definitely an exotic. Native geckos don't have toe nails.

OMG I think that probably the cutest thing Ive seen ever ! Are you allowed to keep these ???
l am just down the road and l have 10-12 in my house every night, l think they are great but let them keep themselves and control of my freeloading insects, its a circus "every" night watching them stalk mozzies and moths....solar 17 [Baden]

Pity they poop over everything and they "bark" (for sheer want of a better word).

In NSW they have to be on license, which is strange.

well around the Lismore [NSW] they are in most houses roaming free...go figure...solar 17 [Baden]

Pity they poop over everything and they "bark" (for sheer want of a better word).
the poop is easy to clean up the after-effects of sprays and baits NOT SO EASY...solar 17 [Baden]

In Australia (all states) only licensed zoos can keep exotic species of reptile and it is an offence under the Commonwealth’s Environment Protection
and Biodiversity Conservation Act, 1999 for a person to possess an exotic reptile.

The asian house gecko are having an impact on wild populations. The are also known to carry mites which can be a vector for disease.

They are better than TV! Have you ever seen a baby one try and get a bug on the other side of the window. I laughed so much it hurt, the little fella was just so determined.

in hervey bay and surrounding areas they are everywhere

In Australia (all states) only licensed zoos can keep exotic species of reptile and it is an offence under the Commonwealth’s Environment Protection
and Biodiversity Conservation Act, 1999 for a person to possess an exotic reptile.

The asian house gecko are having an impact on wild populations. The are also known to carry mites which can be a vector for disease.
So why are they on the NSW Current Species List indicating that anyone with the most basic reptile licence can own them?

have a look on the current NSW reptile list, under house gecko.

well technically they aren't really exotic ne more as they were introduced a while ago..... they are just now considered as a pest....i guess kinda like the cat? im not sure wat qld's view on them are... anyone know?

NSW Species List - House Gecko

NSW Species List - House Gecko (click pic to enlarge)

NSW Species List.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back