is this the stuff for incubating pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 litre of vermiculite does not WEIGH 1 kilo...so NO NO NO...its very lite material, u will need scales...

na its ok i get it i will do more research anyways thnks guys/girls

ok i will get the scales but i mix it when there coming out hey not
yet lol

The way i see it is you havent got the faintest idea at all,:rolleyes: so you would be better off letting the snake incubate the eggs rather than you stuffing it up, and then of course IF any hatch have you got what it takes to get stubborn Ant hatchies feeding?

omg i wouldnt of tryed breeding them if i didnt have the finest clue all i ask was how much water to add to the vermiculite and yes i do have wat it takes to feed them i have to learn dont i ,i will get the scales from my aunties tomorrow so im ready to mix it thanks for ur help

Just add enough water untill it clumps when squeezed, if you can manage to squeeze any water out of it, it's far too wet. It should be light and fluffy and feel somewhat dry. Usually newbies add way too much water.

yer um ok i think i got it so if its 1 kilo of vermicalite then i spray 1 kilo of water on it

Last edited by a moderator:
yer um ok i think i got it so if its 1 kilo of vermicalite then i spray 1 kilo of water on it

After all the help everyone has given you in regards to your question, you still fail, sorry bud but you need to quit the reptile seen and go back to school for afew years then try again.
Try Reading this thread again.

l never weigh it myself , just tricle a little water on the vermiculate in a big container , stir with your fingers . It will clump together as it gets wet , keep adding a little bit of water till the last dry bits stick together then STOP . The weight thing is ok but you have to some times add a little water as it dries over hatch time , up to 60 days . You should have a few small air holes in the container , high on the side . Consider letting the mum hatch them with the incubater on standby just in case . It is very satisfiying for you and the snake to go natural . Goodluck .

ok i will try the natral way im far to dumb to use an incobater

The bag you got there contains 5 litres of vermiculate. Tip it into a container (the lot) and evenly poor over 170 ml of water. Leave it for a day or two before you put the eggs in, so the water gets evenly absorbed. Make sure there is about equal amount of air (space) as there is vermiculate.
Hope it helps.

I hope you can works things out from here. Otherwise you may as well go back to school to learn proportions. lol

o ok wonderful thanks for all ur help guys couldnt of done it with out ya

Mate the best incubation medium you will every get is......breeders choice.
good luck with this seasons breeding.

cheers Smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back