It aint half cold.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After ten plus years of drought here in Vic I'm enjoying a bit of normality in the seasons.

haha its worse down here in tas, rain non stop, freezing winds, temps have been low as 2 and our max has been under 12 these past 4 days.. Its only just starting to creep back up to a high 15 degrees ! lol :p couldnt help myself.. Though got to admit my room is heated with the infrared lights from my snakes and the past few days iv been getting royal treatment with warmed blankets, hot drinks and being able to stay in bed..

I miss QLD weather though, i never owned a jumper or long sleeve shirt up there.. Moved to tas and i had to buy a whole new wardrobe.. not to mention everyone in tas wears black, so depressing in winter here... i need a holiday... badly

15 degrees tonight in Darwin! Trench coats and beanies everywhere!!

The snakes dont even have heaters! (one of them is lazing in her water bowl) ha ha

I dont live here for my love of cold.

Come on guys, it's not all that bad, I'd prefer cold to stinking hot.
When it's cold you can go out and dress up not like in summer when it's too hot to wear nice clothes. Also, it's a good time to snuggle up to special someones :)

Hahahaha.

Come on guys, it's not all that bad, I'd prefer cold to stinking hot.
When it's cold you can go out and dress up not like in summer when it's too hot to wear nice clothes. Also, it's a good time to snuggle up to special someones :)

Perhaps perhaps, but unfortunately all the reptiles go into hiding and I get all unhappy. :(

Stinking hot and big humidity is good for me.
Dont have nice clothes because they just go mouldy.
Snuggles and cuddles still, but anywhere you like, not stuck under a stack of doonas, (waterfalls and coral atolls are vastly superior IMO).

I hate the cold, I knew by the time I was 10 that I was going to live in the tropics, and I have for the past 35+ years. No need to hibernate, active all the time and so is everything else.

I have to agree with you darlyn, we may be in the tropics but it is still bloody cold. Reptiles are so much smarter than us dumb humans, a warm sunny spot is so nice.

yep we have it good in the territory, the theory is you are finally a territorian if you only own one jumper, it is a leftover from the 80's, and you only keep it in case someone dies down south and you have to go to the funeral

We live in central QLD & for the last 3 days we have had a top of 15c & lows of 4c, with the dry climate out here it makes it feel even worse, hate the cold sooo much.

A couple of weeks ago we were having lows of 1c but the days were in the mid to high 20s so we could warm up through the day.

I ache so much if I can't get warm, so wish I was in the tropics right now.

I have to agree with you darlyn, we may be in the tropics but it is still bloody cold. Reptiles are so much smarter than us dumb humans, a warm sunny spot is so nice.

A warm spot is nice, but it's so much nicer when you're cold and then find a nice warm spot to curl up lol.

When I was in Melbourne it was freezing there and my favorite spot was right next to the big running machines that were nice and warm :)

yep we have it good in the territory, the theory is you are finally a territorian if you only own one jumper, it is a leftover from the 80's, and you only keep it in case someone dies down south and you have to go to the funeral

Spot on ha ha.

Got my hoody on now, going in for some sox next.

Hillbillie you must be covered in icicles out there in the savage icelands of the Doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back