Jacky question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MontePython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was having a good look at my jacky hatchies today and one is the most pretty shade of pink all over. Their mother has some pinky red shading on her flanks but this hatchy is just sexy all over. I have seen some in the wild with the red pink on them so it's not a new thing but as these guys, for me anyway,have been bloody hard to buy,hence my wanted add again. I'm pretty happy with its color but still want a few more for my colony.

So the question is have many of you seen the pink red colors come through in your own Jackie's or is it a complete random genetic mutation. Hell it may just be normal coloring for them but I'm not experienced enough with this species to comment. I have also seen them with tram lines/stripes which are also a nice mutation.

I will try and get it to sit still long enough for a photo, but as you know they are bloody tiny and quick as hatchies.

Any and all info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Im not sure if its a special thing or not. But the nicest wild jacky i have seen had yellow strips down its back. I havent seen any in captiverty or for sale as of yet lol

Cheers
Kyle

Yellow stripes would be interesting. There is an image on google of a jacky from mt buffalo that is near red, I can only hope this little fellow gets even close to that one. It looks like a red central.

Check it out here

Mount Buffalo

He is very nice. Would love to see 1 with that red with my own eyes lol. Any chance of a pic of your little hatchy?

Cheers
Kyle

Working on piccies, got it out today but it wouldn't put it's color on. It seems to be like a central, mood related. Mum just had a shed and was looking pretty pink. I'll try and snap a couple as they color, I don't always have the camera handy or the time to set up a good shot. Weekends are natural UV days so should be able to get some then.

...There is an image on google of a jacky from mt buffalo that is near red, I can only hope this little fellow gets even close to that one. It looks like a red central.

Check it out here

Mount Buffalo
The ruddy Mount Buffalo specimen is actually a Mountain Dragon (Rankinia diemensis).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back