Jag 2 month growth diary

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can easily tell when a food item is digested and is safe to feed again. I think that the more experienced keeper understands and can tell when overfeeding could be a problem by the way the animal behaves.
Back to the thread...looks good to me Kupper, that's a stunning Jag! :)

im def underfeeding some of my animals! :lol:

Nice patterns on it and hopefully the colours really start to come out on it for you and by the looks of it should def be up to size for next season.

Would love to see pics of it in another month or two to see how its grown.

Cheers,
Dave

Sorry Chris,. I didnt mean to steer your thread off track & turn it into a debate!
Was just saying you might want to back it off or its going to be a little porker.

Sorry if others feel they need to 'Support' Chris ;)

You evil, evil man, you remind me of the demon who stuffs Homer Simpson full of donuts when he visits hell, mind you Homer did seem to mind but thats not the point, think of his liver!!!!

Hey Guys/Girls no debate here, Sorry if if it came through that way,
I was just trying to put things in perspective & a lot of people can't accept that these days.
Well done Kupper & I will try to post a pic of 'LUCKY' that I won from Ben in the next few days. It is that close to a shed that It might as I get off the computer.

Cheers
Ian

Drop a young snake into a box of small rats or mice and it will look like a sausage in the morning
Might not eat again for a week but most will pig out if given the opportunity

I feed all my young snakes every 3 - 4 days. They are all nice and healthy.

The JAG is looking good Chris..... cant wait to breed it with the jungle!

wow, with all the 'my snake wont eat threads' i was thinking that the 7 feeds my girl has had in the last 2mnths was impressive.....but 24, thats unreal, i think if i had have offered her 24 though she would have eaten them!

Sorry Chris,. I didnt mean to steer your thread off track & turn it into a debate!
Sorry if others feel they need to 'Support' Chris ;)
Well as a seasoned APSer it always happens doesnt it ;) .....Dont feel sorry, some just didnt agree with you...lol

Hey Guys/Girls no debate here, Sorry if if it came through that way,
I was just trying to put things in perspective & a lot of people can't accept that these days.
Well done Kupper & I will try to post a pic of 'LUCKY'
Cheers
Ian
Perspective is not in the vocabulary of most people these days...:)
Would love to see pics of that animal from Ben, I remember you winning that vividly....lucky bugger. :)

looking good is it a male or female?
power feeding can work very well i have a 18 month old jungle that will be having her perlay shed in the next week or so
just feed it for 6-7 weeks then a 1 week or 2 off it works well for me

I power fed this OP Jag to 1.45 kg at 18months & he is a sexual tyrannosaurus !!!!

Attachments

• OPXCOASTAL.jpg
    OPXCOASTAL.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 184
My thoughts exactly gents , its a male

I want to use it next year with a mates jungle female so bottoms up for the next few months :lol:

So Will a young snake still eat if it's not Hungry I just ask this cause I offer my diamond a fuzzy ever 4-5 days n he takes it every time should I stop this or keep it the same

wow...it seriously grew THAT much in two weeks? I'm impressed! that's just absolutely incredible!

Well as a seasoned APSer it always happens doesnt it ;) .....Dont feel sorry, some just didnt agree with you...lol:)

Thats fine by me if ppl dont agree with me,. it would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed.

We keep many pythons but I must admit they are more my husbands thing.,.
I still have alot to learn about them, hence the question mark after my comment about fatty liver.
I have always been told that it is not good to over feed your pythons,. particularly males.
I agree if this is done short term than it should not cause problems.
But I still stick to my opinion that feeding a snake every 2-3 days is not really necessary & shouldnt be continued for a long period,. but as Chris has stated he is going to give him a bit of a break soon.
Each to their own.

When it is time it will be interesting to see what the pair produce.
Chris do you have pics of the female you are planning to partner him with?

Cracker Jag Chris!

I power fed this OP Jag to 1.45 kg at 18months & he is a sexual tyrannosaurus !!!!

Just like this fella!! :D:D

IMG_7239.jpg

Last edited:
i cant believe the ammount of people who UNDERFEED there young pythons.

i was involved in a university python growth study,i was the study animals keeper of aprox 40 anteresia split in to two groups,one offered 10% of there bodyweight weekly in mice and the other 30%. Measurements where taken monthly.
The 30% group usually startd to refuse and accept on averag 17% of its bodyweight weekly.
This group grew about 3 times the size of the 10% group reaching reproduction condition in 1.5 years.
So for 7% increase over 10% you get massive increase in growth and the animals show no signs of health issues including fatty liver disease in the first 2 years.

so kupper and ian davo, science supports your idea

powerfeed away to your young pythons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back