Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Just saw a notice from DECC on Petlink, they have a ballot going with 3 Jewelled Geckos up for grabs, as well as a Diamond, a Delma inornata and a couple of other things. ;)

Silly thing is they'll probably go to three different people and will never be bred... :rolleyes:

Is it only for nsw keepers???

Silly thing is they'll probably go to three different people and will never be bred... :rolleyes:

I believe it is DECC's policy that a person can only recieve 1 reptile from each ballot. So yes no one will be able to get them and breed them. :rolleyes:

I got some geckos in the first ballot years ago-at that time they were given out in pairs.

Personally i think this shows how silly this new policies is. These geckos are extremely rare in captivity. Indeed I dont think there are any on licence in NSW and if anyone has them they require a class 2. While I support the idea of the ballot for commonly kept species, I think in the case of these geckos they should be placed by DECC to someone with knowledge of related species.

It's a welfare issue-just putting them up for grabs is not the best way of ensuring their wellbeing. But of course DECC doesn't have a welfare brief does it ?

Maybe some good friends should go and try to get them. That way, if they do, they can breed them anyway.

LOL, already organised ;)..... I'm sure they will be paired up, not to many people with Class 2 lic's would let them sit by themselves for too long.

Funny you should say that........but then they may all be the same sex

and whats with the whole: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Dtella Gecko (Gehyra sp.) can't they figure out what it is?then again they gave centrals away as easterns last ballot:rolleyes::rolleyes:. The jewled are probably asian house geckos...:lol::lol:
[/FONT]

This is actually the first time I've applied for one. Would be nice to get a call in the next hour :)

oh my, just looked these guys up, they're beautiful! my oh my, that's enough to make me want to keep geckos! :D

I just got a call , but it was just my daughter , it did get my hopes up though hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back