John Morony Correctional Centre - field trip

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakehunter

Reaction score
Did anyone here go to the John Morony Correctional Centre - Wildlife Rehab Centre field trip on Sunday? If so what did you think?

From memory, Agro is one of the officers? If so it was his day off :)
What do you mean by you did a lot of the enclosures? Built them? Reptile or bird/ mammal?

contract worker or on the payroll JandC?
Ive been there a few times. Its a great facility and it would be great to see it mirrored in other Gaols.
They often hold seized reptiles there. So that they can reunited with their owners at a later date I guess :wink:

Yeah agro is the main screw in that section.
I helped build some of the enclosures. 1 that stands out is the kingfishers cage, he wanted a pond in it which we started with shovels & he informed us it had to be 6 ft deep as the birds dive from the branches into the water. It never quite made that depth though lol

From my understanding, the inmates care for the animals including reptiles, which is a little worrying considering they have an inland taipan, colletts, and a few red bellies there, plus a young croc. I assume the inmates didn't have to have all the previous years experience we would need to obtain these animals.

Agro would be a great bloke if he didn't work for the dark side lol
Will always remember him for his favourite saying:

What do you want 6 months in hospital *taps left hand* or sudden death *taps right hand*

The inmates do take really good care of the animals (many are more passionate about a squarking bird or injured roo than many here are about their own Herps) & it is a great way to rehabilitate the crims as well as the animals. Agro also runs alot of wires functions at the "awares" site and the inmates are trained to take care of the animals. You won't find a new inmate taking care of Elapids trust me.

1 thing I disliked about the place was some of the birds were impressioned (magpies in particular) which walk around your feet like a puppy dog & beg for food. Other than that the place is awsome, especially for those with no contact to the outside world.

Another animal I remember in that place was a roo that would try to hump you from behind lol. The person that took care of that used to take a broom in its enclosure to try & keep it off his back & it would always turn into a boxing match with the inmate trying to use the broom to push the roo away & the roo on its tail kicking & scratching pmsl. Was always in tears laughing at them 2

are we talking about Jamie Dunn here? He is the man behind Agro......He is living on the Coast I believe now,,How easy would it be for them to milk the Vens and use it to knock someone off?

No agro is just a nickname of the officer in charge at awares, he has no affairs with cartoon connection :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back