~*~ Jungle Pythons ~*~

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liccy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I absolutely love jungle pythons but dont know much about them!

how big do they grow?? hard to look after?? (i have only 1 lil diamond)

you guys got any pics of your ones?? i love them sooo much!!

- Liccy -

Browns can take this one! Yes they are lovely snakes though, they grow 4-5 feet, look after like any other snake basically, but as you will see in Browns set up he has all sorts of nice additions to the enclosure to make em feel at home.

What?Jungles?I know nothing about them and sorry don't know how to post pics :wink:

I'll pm you some info later liccy...

Are you a male or female?

male or female?? does it matter ? :S jk...im a female...id hate to think some poor guy had the nickname liccy!

i would love some more info about them! (one day...sonner than lata...ill get one!)

im assuming a jungle and a diamond cant go in the same tank together?

Browns is the man to see about these !
I was told the other day about a Jungle found near Brisbane that was 7 ft obviously an escaped pet
Pics to come

id hate to think some poor guy had the nickname liccy!

I don't know, he may be a good licker....... :shock: :lol:

What would Browns know about jungles.......he's only got one....... :roll: :wink: :lol:

yeah I rekon he gets the pics off all the other sites and posts here

LOL, probably his mates collection from down the road..... :wink: :lol:

they have nice markings

I reckon jungles are a highlight in a reptile collection. There are some really nice strains available. The thing i find the most appealing is the "Death's Head" marking that some sport on their skulls.

This is my little one..it is not black and gold, at least not yet but it has a particularly spooky marking on its head.

Do a search on www.dogpile.com and you will find some great info if you search 'cheynei' 'jungle carpet python' and combinations of headings after like 'feeding' 'caresheets' 'breeding' etc.

RE: they have nice markings

hahah liccy (pronounced lissy) as in short for alicia (pronounced alissia)

RE: they have nice markings

hahah liccy (pronounced lissy) as in short for alicia (pronounced alissia)

LOL, fair enough aliccia...oops...alissia....hehehe ;-):D

Hi Guys,

how big do they grow?? hard to look after?? (i have only 1 lil diamond)

you guys got any pics of your ones?? i love them sooo much!!

- Liccy -
Hi Liccy,was just interested if you were male or female as i like females :wink:

Yep i reckon everyone should have a lovely jungle in their collection wether for display or breeding!!!Like a few have said jungles probably average 4-6 foot depending on how well they're fed but some are no longer than 3-4 foot as full grown adults,this smaller type such as Palmerston and Tully jungles which i call your true jungle,or proper rainforest jungle which tend to be more squat and stocky whereas Athertons tend to grow larger,up to 8 foot is the biggest i've had.Athertons are still classed as cheynei but usually aren't as colourful as the others although there are some stunning brigh black and gold/yellow jungles around.

Not usually recommended as a first snake especially the smaller variety which tend to be more nervous,finicky and shy as well as fussy feeders,plus,they love to bite,bite and bite but tend to calm down with handling and age.There are always exceptions and there are a few nice lines around that aren't snappy etc and would make a great first snake for anyone.At the end of the day they're still a carpet and no more difficult to look after than any other carpet.

Junglemad,you're jungle could well be a black and gold as it's still very young and could colour up nicely still.Generally they tend to look their best from anywhere between 12-18 months old and many lose their bright colours as adults anywhere from 3 years old onwards but some still hold great colour a adults.That's the thing about jungles,you never quite know what you're going to get and their variation is massive.

Here's a pic of a 3 year old female and she's a bit dark in the gold as she's coming into slough but her colour is like a glowing gold with the classic head pattern.
2005_0517enclosuresss0039.jpg

Not a great pic as it was through the glass.There must be a few people with young jungles starting to show colour now.They can look very ordinary for up to 2 years and then surprise you by all of a sudden colouring up nicely so it can be a bit of a lucky dip.

them jungles!

Maybe my little jungle could turn gold and black. It doesn't really matter because i like his pattern already and he hates my guts and tries to bite me every time i get near him. Treat me mean keep me keen.
I checked him this morning and he was thrashing around in the water. I thought it may have been a suicide bid as i couldn't see his head. He was shedding in his water. It looked tops, all shiny and fresh looking. If anything i think he may be getting black spots over his brown.
Check him out guys and see if you can see a difference in the fresh coat

if at first you don't succeed

if at first you don't succeed give up and cover up any evidence of your pathetic first try

RE: if at first you don

Just a question, and I'm not being funny or meen but, How can you absolutely love a species you know little about?

Quote:
End Quote:

Maybe he just loves how they look afro...

Just a question, and I'm not being funny or meen but, How can you absolutely love a species you know little about?

I bet you like women.
:roll:

;)

(Yes, I know it's a gender, not a species)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back