Just curious. Enclosure idea.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doaks

Reaction score
Hey guys, im getting my first snake in about 1-2 months and i was thinking about getting a little plastic funnel, to go across the bottom of my tank and making like a little river/drinking bowl going across the tank, it would be about 12" long, ans i was going to put pebbles at the bottom of it, and just putting aspem bedding or whichever flooring i choose for my pet.
The tank is 24", 12", 12".
Worth the try or just a stupid idea?

Firstly, what sort of snake are you getting and what is the climate like where you live? Having running water such as a waterfall sort of thing increases the humidity, which is something desert dwellers don't really appreciate.

Last edited:
I actually have trouble picturing how you plan to make it work given the small size of the enclosure you are talking about. Maybe sketch it up and post a pic of what you are thinking. I like my enclosures to look fairly natural so the only 'clutter' I have is plants and stuff if your device is visually very obvious, especially in a relatively small habitat, it's not something I would personally do but that is just me.

This amount of water could make the tank very humid, because the water wouldn't be restricted to the cooler end of the enclosure (though I think it sounds like a pretty feature). If your snake is going to be something tropical, like a Green Tree Python, then it might be alright, depending on what your enclosure is made of. You could always make something like that up.. but don't build it into the enclosure or anything and make it bit shorter (just up the cool end). Keep in mind that anything built into the enclosure as a feature is harder to clean too. If you are clever about it and careful with it's application, the idea is certainly appealing and it would look lovely. Another thing to keep in mind is that snakes like to get into their water and bathe sometimes (when they are shedding) so would the shape of this feature accommodate that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back