just dont understand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a breeder who kept and bred certain gekoes since the 1970's and never ever had a water bowl. Not everything is what it seems. Many experienced breeders put water bowls in once per week. Pythons only drink when the water is fresh. Clearly the more tropical the species the more water is required for correct humidity, not always provided with a water bowl.

On the flip side, too much water can be damaging to many arid species like shinglebacks, which can get severe health implications with a humid environment. So you see the blanket rule of water in enclosures is more complicated than you might think.

Completely agree, after getting RI with my gillens they get a water bowel on the weekends. All other times they don't. They also get wet pinkies, and a spray every now and then, if I see them drinking I'll put a water bowel in for the day.

Just ring the RSPCA and they will send someone round to inspect. I walked into a pet shop one day and saw birds crammed into overcrowded cages with no perches, looked like they hadn't been cleaned out in months, dirty water barely any seed. The same pet shop had puppies crawling with fleas (you could see them) and kittens whose litter tray obviously hadn't been cleaned in more than a week.

I went home and rang the RSPCA, they didn't mind at all and on the Monday the inspector rang me back after they went round there to tell me that they had issed a $1200 fine and given the manager 7 days to clean things up, the pet shop is now much better (i still wont shop there though on principal and i felt much better for myself an the animals concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back