Just saying g`day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norm

G`day everyone at APS.
Took me awhile but I finally got around to saying hello. I`ve already spoken to a couple people, been registered for a few weeks, been flatout reading everything I can.
I had a Diamond when I was young, about 13-15 I think I was. Had no idea what I was doing and ended up giving the snake up to someone else. It ended having babies and I was promised one but I never got it. That was pretty much the end of owning snakes for me until a few months ago my 9 YO daughter asked if we could get one. I took no convincing and surprisingly niether did my wife.
I am now waiting for my licinse to come through and getting very impatient and excited. Still trying to decide which species to get but narrowing it down.
Thanks in advance for any advice, something I have noticed already is how passionate you all are about your hobby.:D

Welcome, but don't be suprised if people keep asking you about your Taipans, Mulgas and Cape York Carpets ;).... you will figure it out one day lol.

G`day JasonL,
Some of the terminology takes abit to get used to but I`m getting there. I`m totally new to this whole forum thing so be patient if I get lost every now and then

G'day Shane
have a spotted for the kids, and a diamond for me, my daughter got her spotted when she was 8, and is easy for her to handle, good luck

Hi Aaron,
I think i`ll have to get more than one because i cant decide. I`ve just been a bit put off getting something that will end up 6 foot or over because when I got my diamond as a kid it was already 6- 7 foot and quite tempremental. I know if I get a hatchie they`ll get used to it by the time it grows to that size but i am thinking about a spotted or childrens for thier smaller adult size, then I will prob get myself something bigger.

I got spotteds and they are great snakes, then later you can get yourself something a bit bigger..

Would you say they are the pick out of them and childrens/ stimsons?

Welcome, but don't be suprised if people keep asking you about your Taipans, Mulgas and Cape York Carpets ;).... you will figure it out one day lol.

Haha Jason, when I read the name Shane Black I thought the exact same thing :lol:

Welcome to the site, It all comes down to personal preference with what snake you get first...just be sure to do a lot of research on that particular species and you should be fine :D

Dont worry he has already been under the microscope ...he had so many visits in his box ...poor bugger just thinks we are a friendly bunch ....:)

I`m starting to figure it out

G`day JasonL,
Remembered conversation with redbellyblack a couple of days ago and I`m starting to understand what you were on about. I dont know who this shane black is but i have worked out he isn`t real popular around here. Black isn`t my last name, I was trying to submit a username on another site and everything I tried was taken so I typed in shanecblack and it was accepted. So now I just used here rather than think of another. I see the funny side when you look at how many people have visited my profile and read my introduction!:lol:

welcome shane.
Goodluck with picking your first snake,Will be great for your daughter to have a pet snake.All kids should have a pet snake lol
cheers

welcome. really hope your daughter enjoys her first snake. might be worth contacting admin about changing your name to something more popular

welcome. really hope your daughter enjoys her first snake. might be worth contacting admin about changing your name to something more popular

I`m finding my name to be quite popular! Don`t think I would have attracted this much attention if my name was Barry or Clark!

P.S. Sorry to any Barry`s or Clarks out there.:)

G`day JasonL,
Remembered conversation with redbellyblack a couple of days ago and I`m starting to understand what you were on about. I dont know who this shane black is but i have worked out he isn`t real popular around here. Black isn`t my last name, I was trying to submit a username on another site and everything I tried was taken so I typed in shanecblack and it was accepted. So now I just used here rather than think of another. I see the funny side when you look at how many people have visited my profile and read my introduction!:lol:

Not quite true, Shane is very popular, and is a highly respected and well liked breeder of high quality elapids and pythons....

yeah shanecblack...you got the bull by the tail ...we loved the man but unfortunantly he clashed with some higher authority on APS and was told to leave on a permanant basis ...the reason you got all the attention was because of your name... we sort of had to pinch ourselves to see if you were who you were or as you turned out to be not him ...but still your welcomed here ..at least you will understand all the questions about taipans and kingys now :)..

Anyway, I`ve contacted admin about changing my name to avoid any further confusion.

How long do i have to wait?

Not sure if i should have posted this here but was unsure where to put it.

Just wondering how long I will have to wait for my NSW lisence to come through? It`s only been a week but I`m getting impatiant, I should have applied as soon as the idea of getting a snake entered my head!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back