Just something I whipped together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I actually cut whole pieces of melamine then made a rebate with a router. So each door is a single piece of wood

Last edited:
Hi mate, you've done pretty well. But if your up for some constructive criticism Just a couple of things. You will get heat gradient whether the lights are coming off a wall or a ceiling, I put the heat source on enclosures that are side by side like yours in the centre against the centre wall, so the cool ends are on the outside. This achieves two things. You won't need as much heat and you will more likely always have gradient. Secondly, on your doors, all you need is silicon, not a timber bead. The bead will attract climbing (and falling) and hold crap. just make a good bead of silicon and imbed the glass into it. You can always go around the edge with more silicon if needed just to cover any sharp glass edge. This will leave you a flat internal door face that's easy to clean.
cheers

Thanks for the suggestions Cement. I probably should have just used silicone. I was just worried because the glazier didn't bevel the edges so it was really sharp (found out when I sprayed blood all over everything while I was removing the tape holding the pieces together).
I considered having the heating in the middle but couldn't work out a good way to set it up that would be easy to change globes and stop them getting through.

saximus if u get some sandpaper u can knock the sharp edge off the glass, it takes a bit off effort but is doable.

Thanks for that Dangles. It isn't a big issue now because there is no way me or the snakes can come in contact with the sharp edges. It's just during the building process that it was a problem (next time I'll just be more careful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back