Keeping a beardie in a 3ft tank for life?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is better to have it a bit lower than 2 foot, only so it's easier to have a workable UV lighting system, as a UV tube / bulb 2 foot from the ground isn't quite ideal, though that depends on how you have it set up, just remember where the dragons spends most of it's time.

well the new plan is, im going to keep it in a 70L plastic tub till it's about 5-6months old then buy a 4ft enclosure.
I agree with all of you and thank you for letting me know. I want my beardie to be happy, so it looks like i need a 4 footer.

Geckoman,

Yes and No

They live in a average 60cm, however the seperating pane is on a diagonal, giving a trapazoid shape.

I also revise my earlier estimate to "they could live in a 40x40x40 cube" as they are still imobile sloths.

Currently I am trying tomotivate hem by continualy playing episodes from 'thee bigest loser', however this seems to be having very limited effect.

if u dont have space set up the 3 foot tank on the floor with a basking area, but leave the doors open so he has access to ur room.

mine are really active and roam around the whole house, i even find some upstairs sometimes, i cant imagine them being confined to such a small area.

Well yea, i intend to give him daily roam on my bed. Maybe my room if i can keep it clean enough :p I guess there not as bad as rats since rats chew on things, beardies just give it a lick then there on their way lol

well, heres how my boys live, they dont even have tanks anymore, just a wheat heat bag,...a window and theyre happy as! ;)

once urs outgrowns a 3 foot tank he'll be fine to do the same!!

(but they need a bath in the mornings so they dont crap everywhere,...)

Attachments

• larrys enclosure.jpg
    larrys enclosure.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 67
  • mr's home.jpg
    mr's home.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 66
  • mr's enclosure.jpg
    mr's enclosure.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 62
How does a bath in the morning stop them crapping everywhere? Have you ever found them jumping off things? and Do they ever run off into an odd spot and hide there? Or are they ususally out in the open finding a basking spot?
well, heres how my boys live, they dont even have tanks anymore, just a wheat heat bag,...a window and theyre happy as! ;)

once urs outgrowns a 3 foot tank he'll be fine to do the same!!

(but they need a bath in the mornings so they dont crap everywhere,...)

How does a bath in the morning stop them crapping everywhere? Have you ever found them jumping off things? and Do they ever run off into an odd spot and hide there? Or are they ususally out in the open finding a basking spot?

they poo in the bath, it becomes a routine for them, i do this with 8 beardies.

the boys never leave their spots, once theyre seated at a window theyy snuggle into their towels and theyre happy as!! tehy watch everything that goes on outside, people walking down the street, birds in the trees etc.

the girls i put on the beanbag set up by the doors never leave their bean bag either,....

the ones i leave in the tank with the doors open i find scattered around, but each lizard has 2 or 3 fave spots they always go to, so finding them is easy.

I'd love to try this with Cranky, Chris, but I'm not sure I could trust him? He's so active when he's out, and never seems to go to the same spot twice... how did you go about letting yours out and encouraging them to behave so well??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back