Keeping and Breeding Australian Lizards by Mike Swan

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithers

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought this on ebay Wondering who else has this and what's their Pro or Con on the book.

Cheers,
Brett

iv only got the keeping and breeding australian pythons by mike swan and its a great book so i would think that its the same for that 1

I'd seen it a couple of times but decided not to buy it. Found it at a great price in a book store I figured I'd grab it. It's one of those decisions I'm glad I made! Very handy and really interesting to read. I went back the next day and got the pythons book while the special was still on.

Both the lizard and python book are great! Awesome value for money so much information and a quick reference guide.

I would of let you borrow it Brett.

Thanks everyone for posting their comments ;) lol Brenton I have wanted it for a while and saw it at cheapest I'd seen. But thanks hey.

Thanks everyone for posting their comments ;) lol Brenton I have wanted it for a while and saw it at cheapest I'd seen. But thanks hey.

How much did it cost ya

I’ve got it. It’s pretty good but in my opinion it doesn’t go as deep into each species or sub species as much as keep and breed aus pythons does. But I guess lizards and snakes are a whole different thing. It's still an awesome book tho.

Is this the one with a Perentie on the front? How much?

60 delivered ;) Thanks Widdup.

That's cheap and I would have to agree with widdup but saying that there's alot more species of lizards and I think it covers everything needed to know.

I just got a copy at the gold coast show from what i have flicked thru its awsome carn't wait to read the whole thing. Buy it Brett

Already have :)

That's cheap and I would have to agree with widdup but saying that there's alot more species of lizards and I think it covers everything needed to know.

Thinking now I'll get the Pythons one too it sounds worthy.

Last edited:
It's my bible, I have read the whole book about 8 times. The pythons book is very good as well.

They are both good books with a wealth of information in them but the final product lets them both down. The binding in the spine my 'pyhthons' has completely let go after about twelve months and a couple of reads.
I have books that I have had for twenty five years and have been read dozens of times that are more intact than this.
Treat them very carefully and they may last some time but the chances of being able to hand them down to your kids are Buckley's.

They are both good books with a wealth of information in them but the final product lets them both down. The binding in the spine my 'pyhthons' has completely let go after about twelve months and a couple of reads.

My pythons one has also let go on the spine, I spoke to Mike Swan about it and he said that there was a problem with the glue used on the spine on one of the batches, he was happy to replace it for me but I opted not to as I have had it signed by all the contributors.

Thanks all again for your input, I went and bought the Pythons book today and have just flicked through but looks like a good read for 50 Just waiting on the lizard copy from ebay

Thanks for the heads up on the spine will be cautious...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back