keeping python in a tub

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mike

Reaction score
The universe has conspired againt me and my relocation plans have been complicated by a shredded gearbox. Sadly my 2 yr old 1.8 m darwin carpet and I will be boarding a bus for the 14 hr trip to Darwin whilst his enclosure and heaps else stays in Tennant Ck.

When I arrive he's going to have to live in a 65l plastic tub for a couple of weeks. Any tips / cheap alternatives would be super welcome as the idea of keeping an adult python in a tub kind of horrifies me.

He should be fine, it's only two weeks. I wouldn't feed him though, I imagine he won't have access to heat?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, sorry, misread your post.
He'll be fine for a couple of weeks, try not to stress too much. You'll be far more stressed about it than he is. If it was me, I'd try to handle him as much as possible, just to allow him to stretch out etc.

What's wrong with a plastic tub with lid ffrom bunnings that is
W:420 H:330 L:585 with drilled holes, newspaper branches, waters light and heat mats for long term keeping of the snake until they are more than 800mm

the plastic cracked when i drilled it, so i came on here and found out people use soldering irons to melt holes. tried that way instead and it looks almost professional.

The key to drilling if you haven't got a soldering iron is to keep the speed low and only very light pressure, the drill will pull itself through the plastic in short order. I think having a piece of timber pressed against the plastic from the other side also makes a huge difference as it stops the plastic flexing which is why it cracks.

What's wrong with a plastic tub with lid ffrom bunnings that is
W:420 H:330 L:585 with drilled holes, newspaper branches, waters light and heat mats for long term keeping of the snake until they are more than 800mm

He's 1.8m. Thanks though.

I saw on eBay 160l tub about $57 I think u have to make a lid

The universe has conspired againt me and my relocation plans have been complicated by a shredded gearbox. Sadly my 2 yr old 1.8 m darwin carpet and I will be boarding a bus for the 14 hr trip to Darwin whilst his enclosure and heaps else stays in Tennant Ck.

When I arrive he's going to have to live in a 65l plastic tub for a couple of weeks. Any tips / cheap alternatives would be super welcome as the idea of keeping an adult python in a tub kind of horrifies me.
Be fine just a bowl of water and u got nufin to wry about....its warm there anyway...just leave of the feeds till u get it back in enclosure for digestion reasons

Good point nonamesleft, he'd probaby be happy coiled up for most of the day ;) I think giving him a good stretch out on the grass, etc daily should make up for the tub :D

I'm sure Mike has had it sorted for a while now although I have been keeping half an eye open for an update from him about how the move went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back