keeping salt water crocs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warp81

Reaction score
hey jus wondering if any1 here has or has kept a salt water croc b4? wat do you keep it in? how big is it? wat do u feed it? do u have any pics? i find these animals amazing and once i have the land i will eventually get myself 1

I'm also very interested but no room at the moment. I think crocboy keaps them, maybe shoot him a pm

my parents have a fair bit of property and iv asked the old man if i could steal 1 of his horse paddocks to put a shed up and build a dam for a crock if i dont find my slf wit enough property soon, he said yes

I know your allowed freshwater crocs in qld, but I didn't think any state was allowed to keep salties.

i think you can keep salties in the nt but i didnt think any crocs were allowed in qld

Wish we could keep crocs in NSW, you guys are so lucky..............

im with deano i think they would be great to keep!! until then ill just have to wait until i can make room for a lacie!

mostly you do a thing where the croc farm will give you a hatchy, and you raise it, once it gets to a certain size, give it back and they give you another hatchie.....

this is so that you dont have a croc so big u cant handle it... and so that the croc farm gets big ones but doesnt have to spend the time or money raising it!

its a win win situation

As far as I know you can keep freshies and salties in Vic.

I didnt know you could keep crocs :| and you'd have to feed them raw chicken and stuff they wouldnt be cheap to keep.. + wouldnt be aloud to keep them in sububern areas would ya?

Keeping Crocs in Qld is only able to be done by those who hold a demonstrators licence.

Recreational Keepers dont have a chance in hell in keeping Fresh or Saltwater Crocs as it Clearly Stes in the Widlife act that they are Resticted .

Although if you read the act closely it is very easy to misinterprete what they are actually trying to say.

Im fairly sure you can keep them is SA and Vic but in Vic there is a size limit and after that its back to the farm to become meat and boots.

ok.. well guys.. i was actually talking to a fellow that runs reptile displays around qld.. and he told me when i enquired about keeping a freshie in qld that u need to have a special licence for that.. which is only given to people who are using them for educational shows.. a bit of a harder licence to get.. he did have a freshie there on display.. so i wood be taking his word for it..and then u are only allowed to keep them till they are 4 ft long.. so IMO it seems a shame to raise a pet till then to say goodbye to it and replace it.. my kids wood cry and cry.. it wood definately suck.. im not sure bout the other states but a call to ur epa wood soon tell ya the facts.. cheers.

they can take suprisingly long to get to 4ft with minimum feeding! dont feed it an it wont grow. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back