keeping salt water crocs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can keep fresh water and salt water crocodiles
here in Victoria.
But once they get to 1.5metres, you have to show DSE
wildlife officers, you have the experience and space to
look after a bigger croc.
lf you can't meet these guidelines that they require, you
wil be asked to send it back to the croc farm where you
got it from.

My Croc

Psshht - Laws who needs em'?
Here is my big boy :D He just got so big living on the neighbourhood pets and peoples fingers (they kept sticking them through the wire) but really he is a sweetie - my brother and sister ride him to school most days and we have wrestling competitions. They are the best pets! ;)

Attachments

• BigBoyEric.jpg
    BigBoyEric.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 93
  • EricEATS.jpg
    EricEATS.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 81
salties and freshies can be kept indefinately in the NT. So long as u live inthe rural area on a property bigger than 2ha (not 100% on the size of property required so don't quote me) and have a big enough cage.

Hoppa,

Its pretty straight forward, Rec Keepers cannot under any circumstances keep them on that licence, As i have said earlier you need a Demonstrators licence to keep them, doesnt anybody actually read the Paperwork that comes with there licence?

looks like its off to the nt or vic for me

want a croc just come fishing in the NT dangle you arm over the side of the boat and your garenteed to get a bite :)

In the NT you can have the in suburbia until the are 2ft / 60cm about 2 years of age from a hatchling, you then just return it to the croc farm for enother hatchy. Like what wazuikazi said rural is as long as you like.....

LOL, well do u want me to get STARTED on the WA system ????? LOL, yeh like we hav ANY chance of keeping a Pogona vitticeps let alone a friggin croc. That wld be sweet tho, to get one from a croc farm.

but isnt that because u cant import reptiles into WA? crocs are a native WA species (salties anyway). shouldnt u be able to keep them on a really advanced licence?

Nope, not a chance. Our licensing systems came in in 2003, our category lists are pathetic. There are about 12 species in each of the 5 categories, although category 1 is EMPTY. Meaning we only hav about 50 species that we can keep, in total, across all categories. The Nullabor Bearded dragon isn't even able to be kept.

i think keeping a saltie would be great a tfirst and then a couple of years or so and then you cant control them and if they got out into the neighbourhood NPWS would probably take it off you.

If they got out into the neighbourhood you arent really a competant keeper then are you???

i think keeping a saltie would be great a tfirst and then a couple of years or so and then you cant control them and if they got out into the neighbourhood NPWS would probably take it off you.

PROBABLY!!!!!

yeah as it was said ealier you can keep both freshies and salties in vic on a advanced license i know of a few ppl whom have got them. there is a guy that lives down the rd from my parents he is know on to his 2nd croc cause the 1st 1 died the 1st nite he moved it in2 its new enclosure in the shed, the power tripped and it was witout heating allnite it got 2 below 0 degrees that nite, it was 1.2m long and they used 2 swim wit it in the pool and sit it on there lap etc etc. really placid but there new 1 is crazy and its only a hatchling

I'd love to look at getting a croc but no room at the moment and got a feeling they would cost a bit to maintain! Do you have any pics of it you can post? Would love to see it.

na sorry im at work at the moment but ill try and get some pics off of him soon! he feeds his knew hatchie a couple of gold fish each day it is amazimg to watch he also puts yabbies and raw meat in 2. once they get bigger you feed them a chicken aday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back