Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan,

He refers to another dunmalli.

Salebrosus....a Cryptophis as thick as your arm...you must have tiny arms I have caught plenty of big Cryptophis and none have had a girth approaching 40mm

Cheers,
Scott

Dan,

He refers to another dunmalli.

Salebrosus....a Cryptophis as thick as your arm...you must have tiny arms I have caught plenty of big Cryptophis and none have had a girth approaching 40mm

Cheers,
Scott

He thought the other dunmali was the Cryptophis he posted pics of here, and the other real dunmali is in that link I posted

So where is this place and how much does it cost to stay up there? I am looking for somewhere to stop on our way up to Hervey Bay this year sometime and that waterslide looks awesome.

Anyone have a link to a webpage ??

Are those birds curlews?
yep. I've been following that family ( there are 2 adults and 2 chicks ) for a while. They are quite common if you know how to look for them. I'll post a couple of photos of them when we first met. The adults did their best to get me away from the chicks, alternating between the wounded bird act and threats
Lovely shot of the goanna puffing his throat out at you :)
Don't think it was at me as I was quite a distance away (500mm lens) and the throat was swelled when I first saw it.
Nice looking carpet python too.
He was a little cutie, under a meter.

Attachments

• Animals_Birds_BushStoneCurlew_11.jpg
    Animals_Birds_BushStoneCurlew_11.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Animals_Birds_BushStoneCurlew_08.jpg
    Animals_Birds_BushStoneCurlew_08.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
ugh i wish i could have stayed longer, :( sounds like you guys had heaps of fun after we left! We did enjoy the time we spent with you, Surfcop your son is adorable!

we should do this again sometime, and next time i will make sure i stay for all the fun :D

Dan,

Cheers,
Scott

These photos do not do it justice...but this thing was huge and had the attiude to match. My father is the one you can see in the photo and he is 5ft 10in. The snake hook used is an unusually large hook as it was made by my grandfather and the only available hook at the time. It was lying in the middle of the road.

Attachments

• P1000862.jpg
    P1000862.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 188
  • P1000864.jpg
    P1000864.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 219
  • P1000865.jpg
    P1000865.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 154
  • P1000866a.jpg
    P1000866a.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 271
These photos do not do it justice...but this thing was huge and had the attiude to match. My father is the one you can see in the photo and he is 5ft 10in. The snake hook used is an unusually large hook as it was made by my grandfather and the only available hook at the time. It was lying in the middle of the road.
nice "little" speciman you have there ....;) really good size ....:D

ugh i wish i could have stayed longer, :( sounds like you guys had heaps of fun after we left! We did enjoy the time we spent with you, Surfcop your son is adorable!

we should do this again sometime, and next time i will make sure i stay for all the fun :D

Thanks Penny... He learnt everything he knows from his Dad... he he

Yeah will definately happen again...... Thinkin maybe a LONG Weekend Venture next time.....

Maybe Girraween Nation Park ....... :)

oh i am sooo up for camping at Girraween! just say when and i'll be there ;)

Oh except for pretty much the whole month of April, I have already been told I won't get time off :evil: but those public holidays are lookin pretty good :lol::

Salebrosus,

That might have a girth of 30 to 35mm max which make it big for a small eyed but still no where near the thickness of a wrist.

I have handled a tiger snake (similar in body girth vs size) and the only tigers that hit wrist thinkness if you will are over 5ft. That snake would be lucky to be over metre. Did you weigh and measure it or was it a guess?

Cheers,
Scott

Fuscus, If you plan a trip to Girraween i'm keen if you'll let me tag along. Been there once before many years ago. Would love to go back with someone who knows how to find (and identify) herps. If it's not a carpet I'm hopeless...

Wouldn't mind heading up to charlie moreland with you and/or some other knowledgable people. I'm sure there'd be a hell of a lot more then I could ever find up there, and I know my way around pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back