killing mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hally

Reaction score
hey all io was just wondering wat is the best way to kill the mice that you breed to feed your snake...all suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

thanks

hally

Hi hally,

I'm new but from what I've been told the best way to kill mice is to play them Michael Bolton Greatest Hits or Kenny G and they just curl up and die...
and before everyone has a go I didn't say it was "Humane" just the best way.

But thats just what I've heard I am sure others will have better information!

well thats ok casue i actually dont mind kenny G...lol...too bad for the mice thou...but seriously does any one have any suggestions???

hally

yeah i normally do that or flick them in the head(i have a hard flick kills them one go) but i thought there might be a better way

Cervical dislocation aka, a whack on the head ensuring that the neck hits a precise edge, such as the edge of a bench ensuring a good break. Quick, reliable (from memory bugger all practice was required) and easy.

Larger rodents, such as rats, require a more measured whack but a 100% first time kill rate can be easily achieved.

(Actually killing them quickly is easy... but with a bit of practice you can also do it so they do not bleed much so it is not messy.)

You can gas them. Or i have been told that you can bash there heads on something. Might be a bit inhumane though. :(

If you intend on euthanising alot I agree that c02 should be used but if it is not to many just donk them when you need them.

or u can grab there little tail swing then around a couple of times and bang on the cement there u go nice abd quick.
little fella doesnt no what happen to him.

I agree its not nice.I met one woman that puts them all in a very large milo tin and gives it a shake (NOT NICE)

I agree its not nice.I met one woman that puts them all in a very large milo tin and gives it a shake (NOT NICE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back