Killing Spree

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

+Gecko~Gaze+

Reaction score
Breeding my own snake food...How do you kill pinkie mice As humane as possible?

crush its will to live with constant verbal abuse, you may get lucky and it will commit suicide

failing that either chuck it in the freezer or put your finger on the back of its neck and push till it dies

hmmm depends what you mean by humane. I think the best way is to throw them at a hard surface (wall, piece of ply etc.) this is an instant kill so they that usually means they dont feel any pain.

the finger thing is very humane, they die instantly from cervical seperation, you can use a pen if you dont want to corrupt your finger :S

Take a pencil behind the neck and push down hard, instant death.
Hard surface, as mentioned might be better still though.

........Gas is good and just putt?s them gently to sleep, but seems a lot more hassle for only one snake.

i just put them in a freezer. But what steve is talking about is probably the most humane for the mouse

You freeze them to death? Is there a way you can knock them out, chuck em in the freeza so they die before they gain consiousness?

...How d'you make the Gas Artie? i was wanting to gas each babie ( all of them at once if possible)

lol why bother, personally i'd feed live pinkies n chuck the rest in the freezer, for a start its a rodent so therefore compassion for the animal is nil in my mind, i watched a video at tafe on how researchers/vets etc kill rodents, and pinkies were either crivical dislocation or head cut off with scissors,

Basically what yu'd wan't to do is make carbon dioxide. Mixing bicarb soda and water creates carbon dioxide. Possibly put water in the bottom of a bottle and put some flyscreen so you can stop the pinkies drowning. Then add some bicarb soda and close the bottle.

sorry it should be vineagr instead of water. Personally i have no idea as i have never gassed a mouse before. All i do know is that vinegar and bicarb soda create carbon dioxide

Or you can fart in a bag, chuck pinkies in and leave for a while. You'll have to have plenty of bake beans befor you can get enough methane to kill em. Hey if its gonna kill the ozone we may aswell use it to kill mice before it goes up there doing its damage :twisted:

think- cute little mice breath oxygen and breath out carbon dioxide. If you convert the oxygen to carbon dioxide they won't be able to breathe and will be gassed.

The Freezer idea is not at all Humane, they get freezer burns and die slower than if you done the CO2 or the pencil.

Neil

Just grab by the tail and give em a backflip against a brick or something similar.Small rodents small flick,big rodents big flick :p
C02 takes too long to work.All it basically does is suffocates them whereas flicking them against a brick is instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back