Knob Tail Gecko Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibblore

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have just put my 3rd cluch of eggs in the incubator a couple of days ago now. both eggs in the first cluch went moldy within a week, second lot 1 went moldy within a week but the 1 left from that cluch is still good and 12 days into incubation. i also had a clutch of bearded dragon eggs go bad previous to geckos. I have a herp nusery incubator that sits on 28 temp high 80's to low 90's humidity i had been using fine vermiculite but have changed to pearlite for newest eggs.

For them to go bad that quickly i would firstly suspect that they may not have been fertile. Another possibility is that the incubating tubs and/or medium may not have been sterile, it is also a good idea to thoroughly wash your hands before handling any eggs. have the eggs colapsed and all but disappeared or do they still look ok except for the mould growing on them?

still looked like good eggs the 1 left out of second cluch looks pinkie inside & can now see veins on the inside

This may be a silly question, but did you wash out and disinfect the incubator between clutches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back