Knobbie Incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiasisKing

Kel Campbell-Gale
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am waiting on some knobbie eggs to be layed.
My question to you is what temperature you incubate yours at (specifically pilbs) ?
i ask because i have had my first clutch in a very dodgy home made incubator, and i know that the temps have been fluctuating heaps.
My hovabator has just arrived, and i am in the process of fine tuning the temps, now that i have something more reliable, i want to get the temperature perfect :)

Any and all advice and help is appreciated :)
Kel

Depends on who you ask, usually somewhere in the range of 28 - 32

I hatch all my levis at 31.5 as they are in the same inc as the snakes , no issues at all.

my pilbs eggs are being incubated at 30.5 using no substrate/water method. one month in they are looking as good as the day they were laid, though they haven't hatched yet its all looking good to date.

Thanks all, looks like it's gonna be 30.5
I set it roughly today to that is over the last 8 hours it has changed .3 degrees. very happy :)

My Amyae cook at 28c with 1-2degree fluctuations. Ive read that small temp fluctuations produce stronger hatchies

ive hatched many out in hovabator at 29.9 - 30 i wouldnt hold much hope for your first clutch if they do fail to hatch dont blame your 'dodgy incubator ' it is mainly because of the first clutch being infertile however your next one could also be infertile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back