Kroombit tops national park photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PimmsPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just done a day trip to Kroombit tops national park on the weekend.about 85 km west of Gladstone.its famous for a great view of the Boyne valley & a world war 2 Liberator bomber crash site from back in 1945 and wasnt discovered until1994 where 8 people died.its also the home of big population of lace monitors,massive carpet pythons, redbellies,heaps of lizards ,geckos and the very rare Kroombit tinker frog.
unfortunatly no snakes on this trip but we found 4 laceys and some small dragons and beardies

Attachments

• kromlac1.jpg
    kromlac1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 92
  • kromlac3.jpg
    kromlac3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 72
  • kromlac3a.jpg
    kromlac3a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 74
  • kromlac3b.jpg
    kromlac3b.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 84
  • krom4.jpg
    krom4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 84
the view over the boyne valley and the bomber crash

Attachments

• krom1.jpg
    krom1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 72
  • krom2.jpg
    krom2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 71
  • krom5.jpg
    krom5.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 90
  • krom6.jpg
    krom6.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 102
  • krom7.jpg
    krom7.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 90
Hey mate great pictures i like the lacie looks like it was a hot day and he was just chillin out!

a few of the engines from the bomber

Attachments

• krom8.jpg
    krom8.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 83
  • krom9.jpg
    krom9.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 75
  • krom10.jpg
    krom10.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 70
all the laceys we came across were just crossing the tracks and when we went to photograph them they just casually climbed the nearest tree.one was very layed back and allowed me to get within a meter of it..there is a 13km walk along the escarpment that we are planning to do soon and we should run into heaps more reptiles.

Great pics. We get quite a lot of lacies in the Kuringai Park just north of Sydney, & I never get sick of seeing em. Was lucky enough earlier in the year to come across lacies & a heath monitor on the same day (see my albums).
Awesome view in your pics, what a cracker. The bomber would have been fascinating too, hope it wasn't too stripped by "souvenir hunters" (read "stinkin' vandals"). Gotta love a top day in a National Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back