Krunchy - Lots of Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone (especially bylo - I love this guy! Wish I had a whole collection of blokes.)

Will put Pinchy and Krunchy together in a few days time when he's settled in and she is fed.

Nat, weaning someone with a pede is a bad idea. Pedes are the grossest and creepiest of them all!

The tip of the tail is the sting. The front end just pinces you.
haha yeah i know the tail stings!!! I was just wondering in what direction, and how far can it use the stinger??? So where are the danger zones for placing your hands if you don't wanna be stung.

They can sting you basically anywhere, but obviously a scorpion with a long stinger will find it easier.

They can sting you basically anywhere, but obviously a scorpion with a long stinger will find it easier.
So basically there is no safe way to handle them if you want to avoid a sting then? Basically if they want to sting you it will happen?

Yeah. If you're worried, get one of the smaller rainforest ones with shorter tails and have a bit more difficulty reaching around.

I'm not worries so much as curious. I've also wanted to see scorpions up close and handle them so i was simply curious.

Has anyone ever coped a sting?? Does it hurt?

I have not been stung, but mind you, I don't handle. From what I've heard they are similar to a bee or wasp sting and that can depend on the individuals reactions to it. Not enough to kill you normally.

Id rather have a 15footer latch onto me than that stinger , is the sting a problem ?

Hi PhilK...

I'm sure that he will be a wonderful pet for you.. But personally anything with 8 limbs really makes my skin crawl! Actually, thats not true, I would love a pet octopuss. Hehehe

Great name though!

Has anyone ever coped a sting?? Does it hurt?

I was stung by a scorp about 15 years ago. Not sure what species, approx 3 cm long.
Ant stings are more painful.

So basically there is no safe way to handle them if you want to avoid a sting then? Basically if they want to sting you it will happen?
Scorpions don't walk around stinging everything they see, as you can see in my photos I was handling him and I didn't get stung. You'd have to really annoy one of these guys to cop a sting from them. They usually just run away. If they want to sting you, you get plenty of warning. They arch their tails up over their heads and open their pincers really wide.

And apparently the stings are about as bad as a bee sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back