Lace Monitor Colourations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_Archibald

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Am I right in assuming that a normal phase Lace Monitor bred with a Bells phase Lace Monitor may possibly produce some percentage of both colour phases?

Simon Archibald

pretty sure they would have some of each. how come mate you getting some lacy's?

Apparently this is incorrect, if you breed the two phases you get both bell and normal phase hatchlings. I thought it was weird when I heard it, but it is definately true.

yeh springherp,
I was talking to andrew awhile ago about the same matter and he said that you never a mixture on the same animal. If thats what you mean. Although i recon a half normal half bells phase would look pretty cool.
Im hopeing to get one soon

Sorry guys,
What I meant is you may get 3 bells phase lacies and 3 normal phase lacies in a clutch - not a half bells/half normal animal.

Ricko, Yes I'm buying a normal phase lacie soon because it's come along at the right time and right circumstances, but I really want a Bell's too so just making sure it was possible to do.

Simon Archibald

yeah bells are awesome mate, i have played with a mates 6ft lacy and some of them can be quite nasty but others just wanna rip ur arm oipen. make sure u post some pics when u get it mate. what are u getting male or female?

Haven't heard back from the bloke regarding sex - it wasn't a worry 'cause I'm only getting the one at this stage and then I'll find a Bells phase animal of the opposite sex.

Also, the bloke who's selling it to me is gonna send through a pic or 2 on the weekend so I'll put it up then. Can't wait.

Simon Archibald

No Scott I'm not. I was going to purchase 3 Bells hatchlings from Andrew later on in the year but I already have a pit ready to go for an adult pair so that's why I'm buying adults.

Simon Archibald

Simon, give David Millar who is a member of Ausherps list an email. He works at the Aus museum and keeps Bell's phase.
I cant remeber his addy off hand but it'll be in the membership list.
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back