Lace monitor outdoor enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh sorry didn't check where you are from. i just have seen people put wider mesh around there cages and end up with dead monitors. some one just posted that they have lost one today just now its so sad something introduced can just kill of so many of our animals like that.

oh sorry didn't check where you are from. i just have seen people put wider mesh around there cages and end up with dead monitors. some one just posted that they have lost one today just now its so sad something introduced can just kill of so many of our animals like that.
yeah no worries , i just saw the thread .

well a bit of an update :
jubb jubb is doing great since the 4 months of being outside , his typical day is of him spying on next doors backyard - sleeping - then looking on his concrete slab to see if i have left him any food .
the grass has grown very well and now hide the black bark that i put over the wire mesh .

Attachments

• jubbs basking.jpg
    jubbs basking.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 4 months on.jpg
    4 months on.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 225
looks good, do you anticipate him being okay during winter with the cold?
yeah i think he will be fine , he has a heated warm box that he uses at night and on overcast days . we have allready had some 9 degree nights [ i have a couple of temp gauges with min - max on them ] and the lowest the heated box saw was 20 . his heated box is on a dimming thermostat so if need be i can monitor and adjust to suit .

Looks great mate, I have mine out side nothing beats kicking back watching them

Would you be able to go in to a little bit of detail about your heated hide box at all? How is it heated? What sort of thermostats are you using? Is it costing heaps to run? Id love to set this all up it looks fantastic. I just wonder if adelaide is to cold in the winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back