lace monitor tank size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommymc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey all

what sort of setup do lace monitors need. im not planning on getting one so dont go me for not reading into it i was just wondering

thanks

mate i was just asking for future reference i think laceys are awesome and are definitely on my list of wants

Isn't this a forum where people can ask for advise and recommendations? Asking someone on here who keeps them would be just as good as researching through the internet wouldn't it? Maybe give the search bar a go and Tristan posted a link to a forum link asking the same thing which contain a few other links in it.

Vic is the best place to keep em. I've got mine in a 15x10ft outdoor enclosure. Only 2, but they seem to be real happy.

IMO a good general rule for large goanna enclosures is 4x total length x 2 times total length(this is not a strict minimum). You would also want it to be around 2m high to allow climbing, the easy thing with lace monitors is that they dont burrow like many other large species so dont require as much to stop them digging out. You can get away with keeping them in much smaller enclosures, especially if well decorated but they really should be given as much space as is practical. Generally an avairy style enclosure is best although it is possible to keep them in open top pits.

I would be interested in hearing about how people construct open top pits for large goannas so they are escape proof.

Lacies are the most common large monitor and lots of people have posted pics in previous threads although you will have to sift through all the stupid threads full of useless people saying search or google it...

thanks for that cris, would be interesting to see whyme's pit sounds great to be able to house two laceys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back