lacey cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timpye1

Reaction score
hi guys. im after ideas on outdoor cages for laceys, im only fabricating the cage(im not the owner so decorations are not required) but id like ideas on the specs you have, eg: size and gauge of steel, gauge of mesh and size of the squares in the mesh, actual dimensions of your cage and feedback if you would change anything in your designs. as im only experienced in snakes and not monitors all feedback would be greatly appreciated!! thankyou. cheers tim

No expert on monitor enclosures, just new to keeping one myself. So thought I'd try help kick off this thread.

Size will really depend on how many goanna's the enclosure will contain vs available space in the yard, also positioning of the enclosure?
For one lace monitor I'd think 4m long by 2m deep by 2.4m high, would be a decent size.

I'd try using materials that are non climbable to eliminate injury to animal & damage to the enclosure, such as heavy duty security door panels mixed with colourbond fencing (on the lower panels).

I'm also interested in hearing more idea's on this thread, as in years to come our lacey will be moved outdoors on the varander.

mate i built this cage in 5 sections then they interlock so it can be transported . then i built this box that hangs on the box with heat cord in it they dont need it being in the area that i live in but it makes me happy . the cage holds 6 lacies ... they get along like a house on fire . the cage is about 6 metres long 4 metres high and 3 metres wide so yeh higher then wide. i use a water trough with bung in the bottom for drainage .
also i did dig down 2 foot under the cage and put down mesh ect and backfilled with gravel .

in the next month i will have to sell this cage as ive got a bobcat coming in so i can put up a large shed then ill rebuild another lacie cage as i got some new ideas in my head of what i would like to do . but heres some pics for a idea of the cage i got now ...

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 141
couple more pics

Attachments

• DSCF3360.jpg
    DSCF3360.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 116