lacie and carpet python together.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python119

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hello.
can a lace monitor and a carpet python go in a large outdoor enclosure together.
i havent done it,just asking the question.
thanks.

Lace monitors are well known as predators of carpet pythons. So no absolutely not.

No sutch thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers...
I wouldent advice u putting the lacie with the carpet,

Shane

I'm glad that large monitors such as Lacey's are class 2 in NSW. Hopefully in the time it takes a person to acquire a class 2 they have learned enough about keeping reptiles to know that mixing monitors with pythons, snakes or chooks just does not work..

I'm so glad that large monitors such as Lacey's are class 2 in NSW. Hopefully in the time it takes a person to acquire a class 2 they have learned enough about keeping reptiles to know that mixing monitors with pythons, snakes or chooks just does not work..

well mate you *can* mix large monitors with chooks........ would be hard to clean up though

Last edited by a moderator:
hello.
can a lace monitor and a carpet python go in a large outdoor enclosure together.
i havent done it,just asking the question.
thanks.

This would be very stressful to both animals. Lace monitors will prey on snakes, and if the lacie was a young individual, it may end up being prey for the carpet python.

Also, both animals may need slightly different housing requirements, anyway.

Some questions need not be asked.........

A very quick light reading on both species would have answered this.

There is, actually, such a thing as a stupid question, and python119 asked it.

The tiniest bit of knowledge about either species would tell you that, if you even contemplate such a combination, you should be keeping neither carpet pythons nor lace monitors, together or separately.

Iif you have to ask a question like that, you are not ready for reptiles of any sort...

Jamie.

The tiniest bit of knowledge about either species would tell you that, if you even contemplate such a combination, you should be keeping neither carpet pythons nor lace monitors, together or separately.

Iif you have to ask a question like that, you are not ready for reptiles of any sort...

Jamie.

Bingo !

hahahaha i love it, post some more pictures of girls. lol.
just google it next time, please dont ask any more questions

On the other hand, if newish keepers are abused for asking a question they may not ask further questions, make a husbandry error that could have been avoided and the end result is reptiles suffer. Lets be constructive here.

Jamie.
agreed + 2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back