Lacie weapons!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Another good reason for not messing with the pointy end of a Lacie!

Attachments

• Goanna02.jpg
    Goanna02.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 654
i think one of us is missing something here

edit. right so after i post a pic appears :/ lol, indeed the chomp chomp chomp end is best avoided

Phweee! That's some sharp teeth.

Is that from your rehab lacey? How is he?

I want a skull off a large monitor badly...

Australian or self obtained specifically? If not, there's a site that was posted on here you can legally obtain bones from I can PM you, they had monitors but not Aussie.

Yeah that would be sweet man. Any road kill i find goes to the museum so i'd have to find another way of getting one than doing it myself.

I want a skull off a large monitor badly...

Should have been plenty locally following the "toad front"? Hopefully this guys not available for a few years yet:)! If your desperate, "Bone Clones" (a U.S based company) has Komodo skull repros, but at a price.

Phweee! That's some sharp teeth.

Is that from your rehab lacey? How is he?

Yes, Ren. Not looking too good for release at this stage, one eye's completely blind and the other appears to have limited vision. Also, unreperably damaged hearing. Despite being fed regularly, he's also loosing weight considerably (1.5kg since I've had him), probably due to a combination of stress and parasites.

Survival could go either way at this stage, but release looks unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just brought myself up to speed on this (can't believe I missed the previous two threads).

Nice big old lacie you have there, IV :) I hope he eventually returns to his former glory!

I've just brought myself up to speed on this (can't believe I missed the previous two threads).

Nice big old lacie you have there, IV :) I hope he eventually returns to his former glory!

Thanks serp:),

My sentiments exactly! I can totally understand why someone could easily end up with many more than originally planned, such individuals with so much character.Look no further for the ultimate herpy companion IMO.

See post aust day kiss
You should have posted that here. I laughed when I read saximus' post about reading the comments of some keepers about lace monitor bites but thinking they were overplaying it. I suspect I was one of those keepers and I'm not overplaying it when I say that I still think you got off lucky, as there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage (and it was also a small lace monitor).

I grabbed a 4 foot perentie when I was 14. I'd caught heaps of goannas and ven snakes so no worries.

Right hand around the base of the tail, left coming under holding the neck.

He shredded my left arm, took a lot of stiches to fix, but he never bit me! Thank ****

First and last perentie capture :)

Not just the pointy end :)

perentie claws.jpgvaranus skull.jpg

Last edited:
You should have posted that here. I laughed when I read saximus' post about reading the comments of some keepers about lace monitor bites but thinking they were overplaying it. I suspect I was one of those keepers and I'm not overplaying it when I say that I still think you got off lucky, as there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage (and it was also a small lace monitor).
Spot on about getting off lucky. It's very hard to explain to people the dangers associated with monitors. Pics can usually help, or a head X-ray. But, sometimes, hands OFF;) experience is the only way:rolleyes:. On a side note Crocdoc, have you ever had a serious bit from the lacies. Just a curiousity question.

I grabbed a 4 foot perentie when I was 14. I'd caught heaps of goannas and ven snakes so no worries.

Right hand around the base of the tail, left coming under holding the neck.

He shredded my left arm, took a lot of stiches to fix, but he never bit me! Thank ****

First and last perentie capture :)

Not just the pointy end :)

View attachment 236291View attachment 236290

Now THAT'S a monitor skull....looks like V. Prisca?

Now THAT'S a monitor skull....looks like V. Prisca?

Megalania, which I believe was contempraneous with early Australians (if from nothing else from the stories handed down through Cape York, Kimberly and Top End NT tribes).

The geniuses reckon it was a scavenger but you dont need massive RECURVED teeth to eat carrion :)

If Gordo's a good boy, maybe you could give him that one! Makes my Lacie look like a gecko:)! I'd love to know which modern day Oz monitor has the strongest bite force? Despite the size difference, my money would still be on a Lacie over a Perentie anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back