Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey does anybody realise the lack of reptiles this year

i live on albury/wodonga on the murray river it gets to 40-45 degrees here in summer
and this year there has been almost no reptiles i have seen no blueys no shinglebacks no dragons no brown or tiger snakes all i have seen are eastern water skinks, garden skinks and 2 red belly blacks its pathetic in past years we have seen a red belly everytime we go for a walk browns once a week the rare shingleback and 3 or 4 bluetongues but this yr we have seen nothing my mate even owns a very large block of land in the bush near tallangatta and we usually get dragons everywhere and blutongues and heaps of snakes again nothing but small skinks .....can anybody relate to this

hmm... im not sure as i dont normally see much normally but there does seem to be less people complaning about them... (yes it shocks me to that people COMPLANE about them)

u seriouse ive had the most snakes here this year then any other. and tonnes of blueys also

I live on the edge of Bright and I must say I haven't really seen much, but a lot of the people that I work with the live on properties are always telling me of all the stuff that they see, and they have been seeing a fair bit around lately... especially since the fires. One of the girls in particular that lives at Rosewhite has a story just about every time she sees me!!! So they are still out there, maybe they have moved out of Albury/Wodonga and come closer to the highlands. :rolleyes:

lizardboii i live right up in the end of the yarra valley its its away from like anything were i live so that is probaly why we have had so many snakes this year

hey does anybody realise the lack of reptiles this year

i live on albury/wodonga on the murray river it gets to 40-45 degrees here in summer
and this year there has been almost no reptiles i have seen no blueys no shinglebacks no dragons no brown or tiger snakes all i have seen are eastern water skinks, garden skinks and 2 red belly blacks its pathetic in past years we have seen a red belly everytime we go for a walk browns once a week the rare shingleback and 3 or 4 bluetongues but this yr we have seen nothing my mate even owns a very large block of land in the bush near tallangatta and we usually get dragons everywhere and blutongues and heaps of snakes again nothing but small skinks .....can anybody relate to this

It sounds like Cane Toads have got down there as well. What you describe is typical of the aftermath of Cane Toads.

Cheers

Slickturtle

So cane toads are in Victoria now are they?? ;)

I have seen more reptile and amphibian species so far this year than any other year (I have photographed 63 new species so far this year and seen even more!) Not a bad effort if you ask me and I actually do live where cane toads are prolific.

thanks guys i thought this might be a state wide thing but perhaps its not i will start hiking mountains to get some good sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back