Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
FOUND ONE!!!!!! I go bush bashing on a regular occasion and this guy is the FIRST ever animal apart from the odd bird, I have come across. I had actually got out of my car and walked a while so I just bought a mountain bike, so from now on I will go on foot. :D

I found this lacy while exploring the Maria National Park.

Attachments

• P1050263.jpg
    P1050263.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 178
Theres a reptile park across from me,why waste the fuel,theres plenty,brown snakes,red bellys,beardys and blueys,what more can you ask for,cheers

I came across this when I was out and about... I love finding wildlife living out there naturally

Attachments

• 30032008 003.jpg
    30032008 003.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 86
Ah awesome Kaa. that's a lovely photo. Yes I love seeing them in their natural environment.

pythons73 you have good eyes. I have gone round that racetrack so many times and only once have ever seen a baby green tree snake. I am like that though, blind as bat and can't see anything. But I enjoy the change, going through the bush is very pretty.

Only that was the last time I am taking my car off road. Twice I've bogged the car, this time I had to walk 3mk back to the main drag & call from someone's house, for someone to come rescue me :oops: I still haven't told my husband. A couple months ago I bogged the car in deep clay mud but lucky my 2 girls were with me and pushed the car out. This time, my stupid dumb blonde mind was in gear and told me to try crossing water over the road and the car fell into a deeper hole of water. Not a chance getting that out. A friend came and found me and pulled my car out for me. So thats it with bush driving for me :oops:

Thats cool,i wont tell Him,ha,ha,i got a baby red belly yesty,took a couple photos let him-her go on their way

kathy just go on foot, its much easier and you see a lot more. also python73, you are lucky to have seen so much so far, all I have seen is a water dragon a bluey and 2 small eyed snakes plus the usual small skink species. have you got any pictures of the brown snakes or anything else you have seen?

Unfortunately i dont have photos,the camera i have is no good,the batteries go flat all the time,i do have some of a little red belly i seen yesty,on 3 occasions ive seen browns,2 were combating;5 foot,the other 2 were about a foot long,also 2 red bellys combating,baby red belly,cheers.

wow you are lucky to see all that happenig, you must have a good herping spot because we dont really see snakes active much. may I ask, is it a national park? if so which one. my area is mostly rainforest type bush so I dont usually see that much.

Actually its 5 minutes from me,its around a racecourse with bush either side.

heres a few pics I took the other day

saiphos equalis
100_1745.jpg

100_1746.jpg

100_1749.jpg

cryptophis nigrescens
100_1751.jpg

100_1754.jpg

100_1755.jpg

a frog
100_1758.jpg

100_1759.jpg

Gosh Ryan do you ever miss anything? I would not have a hope in hell finding a brown frog amongs brown leaves, and would be lucky if even spotted that snake lol

Walking is definitely what I am doing. Not taking risks like that with the car ever again. Walking back to the main road I was more worried about coming across a wild dog than a snake. But the lacy was all I saw through my temper tantrum I was chucking because of what I'd done :lol:

Gosh Ryan do you ever miss anything? I would not have a hope in hell finding a brown frog amongs brown leaves, and would be lucky if even spotted that snake lol

Walking is definitely what I am doing. Not taking risks like that with the car ever again. Walking back to the main road I was more worried about coming across a wild dog than a snake. But the lacy was all I saw through my temper tantrum I was chucking because of what I'd done :lol:

lol kathy, they were easy to spot as they were under flat pieces of board, just carry a big stick :)I doubt any wild dogs would attack you anyway:lol:

Here is a pic of one we spotted at the Cool waters caravan park we stayed at last year in Cairns. Was there for 5 min, went to check out the creek that goes behind and there he was.

Attachments

• Picture 139.jpg
    Picture 139.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 48
everyone else is posting goanna pics so why not :)

this is a pic I took of a lace monitor eating a land mullet (have posted it before but I'm very proud of it lol)
5C9399.jpg

and another lace monitor
C30A9EDA.jpg

Ryan, did you actually see the Lacey swallow the mullet? Looks like a big feed!

The mullet actually ran away after that. I remember seeing a video of it in a documentary on T.V. Is that your picture Ryan?

Thanks for sharing your photos. I love seeing pics wild animals in their own environment.

I am about to adopt a lacy with brain damage. Poor thing sustained an injury and can't hold its head up. But have been told it eats and moves well. The unwanted animal is coming to live with me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back