Late for work - your best Reptile excuse

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoyces

Reaction score
Several months ago I was doing the normal morning rounds of rodent cages before I went to work (back then I had some mice now I only have the rats) as I was emptying old food and replacing new food, topping up water etc I noticed that my mummy cage was a little quiet....

To my surprise a beautiful Brown Tree Snake was sitting nestled in the corner extremely full. The little feller had come in for a middnight snack (or early morning breakfast) and decided that three of my pregnant girls would be a good start. Being completely stuffed he had no way of getting out of their house.

Using my snake relocation tools I have at home, I had to somehow manage to take him out of the cage and into the bag.... You can imagine my call to my boss "Ah I'm going to be a little late this morning we've had an uninvited guest just drop by for some food"

Even though I lost several mice, I got to handle a pretty awesome snake and take him to a home where he wasn't going to be hurt.

Just wondering if any of you have had any Reptile instances that have made you late for work?

Attachments

• bts01.jpg
    bts01.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 320
  • bts2.jpg
    bts2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 280
Nothing important or as cool as that, but I'm always late to work for my reptiles lol. either tending to them or their food sources.

Ha ha you know literally like two weeks after that little mishap I had a carpet python visit and take out another 3 mice.... Had to make the same call again... Beginning to sound a lot like "the dog ate my homework excuse"

I wasn't late for work, but running late for uni lecture. One of my snakes had escaped her enclosure, I had to empty my entire bag out just to make sure she wan't stowing away with me for the day.

hahahaha, awesome snake and a great excuse! Pretty funny that it happened twice, maybe you should relocate your cages :p

Ended up being a couple of hours late for work when my spotted got out ,went under the washing machine what a mision it was to get him out

ARGH How did you manage to get him out without him moving on once you moved the machine?

- - - Updated - - -

hahahaha, awesome snake and a great excuse! Pretty funny that it happened twice, maybe you should relocate your cages :p

Cages have been relocated, and I made fly wire mesh coverings for them, so now even if I do get a little visit from any legless friend they won't be able to start snacking.... as much as I like to keep all animals happy my extended family needs their bellys full too.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't late for work, but running late for uni lecture. One of my snakes had escaped her enclosure, I had to empty my entire bag out just to make sure she wan't stowing away with me for the day.
hahah where did you end up finding her?

I found her by chance when I was about to go to bed. I saw her tail about to disappead down the back of my duchess. It took about a week to find her though, having to literally remake my bed everynight to make sure she was not hiding underneath the sheets.

I found her by chance when I was about to go to bed. I saw her tail about to disappead down the back of my duchess. It took about a week to find her though, having to literally remake my bed everynight to make sure she was not hiding underneath the sheets.

Not the kind of bed bug you want biting you.... :p

A couple months ago when I got a gecko shipped I told my boss would you rather me have it shipped here so it can sit on your desk all day, or would you rather me be a half hour late? She gave me a dirty look and told me I was going to make up that half hour.

A couple months ago when I got a gecko shipped I told my boss would you rather me have it shipped here so it can sit on your desk all day, or would you rather me be a half hour late? She gave me a dirty look and told me I was going to make up that half hour.
Some bosses are just weiners. How is your gecko doing?

- - - Updated - - -

did the mice have a go at him/her?
awesome find tho:)

I think the mice were a little worried, the remaining huddled up top in the corner..... What kinda annoyed me was he ate all the pregnant mum's in that cage and didn't touch the ones that weren't.... Either way glad he managed to fill his belly before I sent him on his mary little way.

Alive well and almost to breeding weight thanks for asking.

oooo very exciting I'm still yet to break my reptile breeding virginity.... Not really sure where to start, and too be honest we have some fine males so it's going ot be the next option of finding some suitable wives.... But at the same time I really want to start getting into Lizards pretty keen on the Eastern Water Dragons. Do you have any pix of your gek?

I was late to work a few months ago when just as I was about to leave, noticed that my Bredli had started shedding his skin.

Just had to sit and watch the process, though I had seen a few times before.

oooo very exciting I'm still yet to break my reptile breeding virginity.... Not really sure where to start, and too be honest we have some fine males so it's going ot be the next option of finding some suitable wives.... But at the same time I really want to start getting into Lizards pretty keen on the Eastern Water Dragons. Do you have any pix of your gek?
Sure thing. This is a picture of it when it first arrived. It's a little to skinny for my liking. I'm happy to say its gains it's weigh back.

IMG_0199.jpg

whatever reptile you chose to breed, just take your time and get to know the species. Figure out your goals and what Morphs or color phases you want to work with. Many people my self included jumped right into a project to find out later that particular morph or color phase isn't the one we like the most. I wish you nothing but luck with your future breeding plans.

Regards,Patrick

Sure thing. This is a picture of it when it first arrived. It's a little to skinny for my liking. I'm happy to say its gains it's weigh back.

IMG_0199.jpg

whatever reptile you chose to breed, just take your time and get to know the species. Figure out your goals and what Morphs or color phases you want to work with. Many people my self included jumped right into a project to find out later that particular morph or color phase isn't the one we like the most. I wish you nothing but luck with your future breeding plans.

Regards,Patrick

I was late to work a few months ago when just as I was about to leave, noticed that my Bredli had started shedding his skin.

Just had to sit and watch the process, though I had seen a few times before.

lol cant help but watching every time :) im just lucky it hasnt happened on my way to work yet.

- - - Updated - - -

what a pretty gek love it

lol cant help but watching every time :) im just lucky it hasnt happened on my way to work yet.

- - - Updated - - -

what a pretty gek love it

Thank you. I don't mean to get off topic, I just can't wait to see what he sires for me. Here's another picture of him with some weight on. He's not fully fired up.

IMG_0227-1.jpg

Thats the last picture I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back