Latest photography exploits!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely JAWDROPPING :)

Thank you for sharing your fabulous work Bradchip

Great pics as always and not that l am a lizard/monitor person but l love the way that one is looking around the trunk of the tree in the paddock full of dead grass pic...keep up the great work ...solar 17 [Baden]

Beautiful work as usual, particularly love the Magellanic Cloud and the Emerald's head close-up.

:shock: Wow, Brad! Amaaazing shots!! Love the milky way shots the most :D

Here are a few of my recent shots, no where near as good as the previous shots, but I'm giving it a go..

5623637378_d13421b999.jpg
[/url]
Mudjimba looking towards Alexanda Headlands by TroublePython, on Flickr[/IMG]
5623048357_c1c98694e0.jpg
[/url]
On the beach looking back to Coolum by TroublePython, on Flickr[/IMG]
5623635328_3d2a86da69.jpg
[/url]
Ships waiting to come into port by TroublePython, on Flickr[/IMG]
5605026224_4bc0c7fbc7.jpg
[/url]
Gold Coast at Night by TroublePython, on Flickr[/IMG]
5605025488_435f4b5ed6.jpg
[/url]
Senator Signature ed at the Gold Coast by TroublePython, on Flickr[/IMG]
5604436447_7b321c6d16.jpg
[/url]
Lucas & his toy by TroublePython, on Flickr[/IMG]

Tameah....you're kicking **** :D I saw some of the cloud ones you put up on Flickr before....Killer work. Great to see you've been playing with nighttime long exposure too :) I reckon your second beach shot is brilliant. Love the stars, love the cloud movement. Considering they were a first attempt at long exposure...you've done an awesome job.

Love the fire shots...Something I've never done before. Hope you're having a nice night out by the bonfire with the family...and not prematurely melting any chocolate eggs :)

The last shot as far as a 'sports' or action shot goes...is great. You've done everything right and frozen the action at the exact right time. Nice and sharp too :) I'd be happy with that!

Thanks for all the kind words guys and girls. Much appreciated. There are some bloody brilliant photogs on this site. People should post more pics here :)

Here's one I snapped last week...Kinda eerie.

5631546366_9c030a3c2b_z.jpg

Thanks heaps, Brad :D That really means a lot to me !!! Yeah, very happy with how the long exposure shots came out :D ... I'm sort of getting the 'action' shots down pat now, especially when my brother never sits still, so he's a good subject lol.
:lol: yeah we were having a good time down the back, but then it started to rain :( lol there goes our bonfire! next weekend now haha.

What an awesome eery photo, love it! love how the clouds are in the back and the tunnel from the trees, good work :)

Thanks heaps guys. At the moment I'm using the Nikon D300 (but you'd get equally as good shots with something like the Nikon D90 which is relatively cheap now). Most of the work is in the lenses though, and the flashes, particularly for the frog work. I use a Tamron 90mm for all the frog shots and all the macro, and a 2 flash setup if I can get away with it. It's not cheap, and macro is still a challenge with good gear, but still rewarding. The off camera flash is the key ;)

Thanks heaps PorkostaThe lens I was using for the stars was the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8. All these shots were taken at 11mm at f/2.8. It takes awhile to work out appropriate shutter times without getting the stars to trail. The only problem is...the shorter the shutterspeed, the higher the ISO. I think I worked out that about 70 seconds, at 11mm, at f/2.8, ISO1600 worked best. Just note that some cameras don't handle high ISO as well as others. The Nikons seem to do ok. The shots above I took when there was some moon in the sky...which is instant light pollution. Not the best thing for this kind of photography.

With a new moon (and no light pollution) and a little editing, and the settings I gave you above, you'd get shots more like this. The wideangle lens that opens up to f/2.8 is imperative though (anything to help get light onto the sensor)

4882616074_35be195a1a_z.jpg

4692700454_94d57a7905_z.jpg

4608110622_741d84a393_z.jpg

great pics mate , i thought this middle pic was the moreton island sand dunes , but just noticed the lights on the left :)

cheers nico

Last edited:
Thanks Nico. The middle one was actually taken at Pottsville beach...when there was no moon in the sky. I'd say the lights are Byron Bay.

That pic took a very long time to nail. The aim was to have the beach, the treeline, and the milky way all converging at the left hand side of the pic. Mission accomplished...sort of :p

hey brad, your shots are looking amazing like always.
i have been trying out some macro its photography for a patient person lol, but these are a couple from today.
bee.JPG
dragon fly.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back